Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#59101 03/25/07 02:17 AM
OP Offline

Okay, not always...I'll give myself that. But, I work, go to college, and homeschool my son due to a health problem that causes walking to become painful. And, the busier I get...the messier I get. It's not just about not having time to clean, either. I literally become slobbier. It's like there is a part of me that is going, "goshdarn it..I worked, went to school, homeschooled, and heck if I am even going to walk across the room and throw my trash away. I'm exhausted." But, at the same time, I become aggravated if things aren't reasonably neat and tidy.

So, which paraliminal do you think would help me with this matter...I'm thinking either New Behavior Generator, or Break the Habit...

lynnlingh #59102 03/25/07 03:33 AM

Possibly also "Get Around To It"......

In the past, when I've procrastinated about doing something, I've found this paraliminal sorts through the things that are holding me back from doing them. Sometimes we exhaust ourselves - drain ourselves physically - by the thoughts that we dwell upon, or the way we talk to ourselves about ourselves. Then we're bumping into some other programming that says "But I'm really NOT a slob, so what gives here?" So use this paraliminal, perhaps along with the other two you mentioned, to really jar yourself out of that rut.

(And I'm thinking NOW might be a good time for me to slide it into the CD player for a listening or two ......)

Cheers!
Unis

lynnlingh #59103 03/25/07 12:55 PM

Hello lynnlingh

At the first instance, please allow me to disagree with you and I would like to say this emphatically that "You are NOT a Slob". To be honest, I salute your spirit for doing these many things (working, going to college, and then schooling your son). IMHO, you should be proud of yourself and just by virtue of being in this situation, you must be a source of inspiration to others.

Now to better your performace, I would like to suggest the following Paraliminals:-

Deep Relaxation : When you swith your tasks like going to college after work or once your are through with your tasks, you can listen to this Paraliminal as this will help you relax and calm your nerves. This help you get more done.

10 Minute Supercharger : Anytime durng the day when you are feeling drained out, listen to this Paraliminal, this will help you relax and feel energetic and as a result you will be able to get more accomplished in a day.

Self Esteem : This will help you value yourself and you will not consider yoursel slob anymore. Rather you will appreciate yourself and once you start doing that, others will start appreciating you. You will feel better and the chores will feel inviting.

P.S. Just a small suggestion, feel free to ignore this if you think this is not feasible. Now I don't know exactly the situation at your home and how serious is the health condition of your son. So please excuse my ignorance. Try taking your son's help in some of the chores where you think he can contribute thereby lightening the burden on you.

I hope I have been of some help here.

God bless you.

Kind regards
Vaibhav Sharma

lynnlingh #59104 03/25/07 03:56 PM

Just to make things more confusing --

I had tried to use the "Get Around To It" program with some slight results. Things only improved "somewhat."

Then someone here said they'd tried the Personal Magnetism program for that same thing, and had great results. I pulled out my PM CD and sure enough, that one really did the trick. When I backslide a bit, I listen again. It always helps.

I think the one thing that makes that particular program work for non-magnetism issues is that you imagine someone you admire (in my case, someone I know who is a real go-getter) and sort of imagine yourself taking on those qualities. And for me, it really works. Now I use it for lots of things, not just "magnetism"--but probably its helping in that regard, too.

Jeanne #59105 03/25/07 05:37 PM

Hi lynnlingh
The very fist thing I notoced was that you said "I AM A..." which is a belief statement- That prompts me to suggest the paraliminal called Belief. This recording can help you eliminat the belief that you are, or are becoming a slob, then replace it with a more positive believe about yourself. There might be other beliefs in there too- that you have limited energy, etc. Then, Get Around To It could help you to focus on the outcome- having a clean tidy home to rest and relax in for example!

Another thing that Unis pointed out- the paradox of "I am" with "I am realy not" The Natural Brilliance course, and to a lesser degree, New Options Generator would help there.

Hope it helps...

Vitaman

vita-man #59106 03/27/07 05:21 AM
OP Offline

Thank you for your responses. The suggestion for the "Getting Around to It" Paraliminal struck a chord with me, so I decided to try that one. In the course of the last couple of days I realized that indeed, I am NOT a slob. What I am is completely overwhelmed...I have found a private school for the Fall that will accomodate my son and he will be happy in...miraculously, figured out a way to pay for it...and, I decided to go to school half time instead of full time...working full time, school full time, and homeschooling...what was I thinking...I'm suppose to be Suzy Homemaker on top of all that?...oh, I'm a single mom, too....... ....thanks, guys

lynnlingh #59107 03/30/07 02:51 PM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Actually I think you'd get real benefit from Natural Brilliance. To Release on the "goshdarn it..I worked, ..." Notice what's happening and Respond with the choices that are available.

Other than that I'd go with New Behaviour Generator and New Options Generator. Get Around To is great for procrastination. From your effort it isn't so much procrastination, you do a lot and feel justified putting it off and have a physical challenge. So, needing time out isn't procrastination What is needed is different organisation. it's behavioural choices that are your challenges. Figuring out how to handle it better.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved