Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#59168 03/28/07 07:53 PM
OP Offline

Hi, a few questions...

I am wondering has everyone had success using the photo reading course?

How fast to results materialize (on average) I know it will probably very depending on one's dedication. Anyone have incredibly quick results?

Was anybody confused by the materials when they first began to try the program? Are you still confused or have any problems been overcome?

I have exams in may so I should not run out of material to practice with...How many hours a day is practicing the techniques recommended?

Does anyone think this is enough time to learn to photo read if I practice daily?

Has anybody had any frustrating experiences with these methods or is it really as simple and effective as it is made out to be...i.e. 'anyone can do it.'

Any dis-appointing/really difficult aspects of the course? or is everybody happy with their purchase/new reading skills?

Any tips to aid my photo reading success would be appreciated. I reckon it is all laid out in the course but still, some people may have had to modify the course to their style of learning.

I look forward to hearing from you.

-Jason

jaysun_d7 #59169 03/28/07 11:54 PM

Hi & welcome!

Do not try to learn photoreading on school materials.

Learn photoreading on a book about a hobby or self-help book something that has absolutely nothing to do with school.

Master photoreading first on something else that has nothing to do with school.

When you know you have mastered photoreading and you are absolutely certain you have mastered it then, only then use photoreading on school materials but first learn photoreading on non-school materials master photoreading on non-school materials first.

You mentioned practicing photoreading i say do not practice just do it.

The techniques are not hard they are simple.

There are 3 things i would say are very important while learning photoreading.

1. Relax.

2. Be open. Do not overanalyze everything and have to have proof of everything. Maintain a i will wait and see what happens attitude.

3. Be curious.

Photoread4me

photoread4me #59170 03/29/07 12:29 AM
OP Offline

Hi, thanks for your response.

Have you mastered the techniques PR4ME?

How long have you been PR-ing?

Why not PR on school materials? (I am doing English literature.)

What is a recommended length of time for PR per day? Can one do too much?

And results, are they immediate or take a bit of time?

Cheers

jaysun_d7 #59171 03/29/07 01:42 AM

Hello. I learned photoreading back in 1996. 11 years ago.

I suggest you do a search on schoolwork on the photoreading forum.

When you do the search you will see numerous posts explaining that it is not a good idea to try to learn photoreading at the same time trying to learn it on schoolwork. One of the reasons is how will you know whether you are having a problem learning photoreading or are you having a problem learning the subject matter.

One thing that concerns me is that your post is communicating this urgency how fast will you learn photoreading. This is not something that you put in a microwave and zap! you are instant photoreader it does not work that way.

I remember years ago i was watching this video on photoreading and Pete Bissonette the president of learning strategies was talking about people that would have a problem with learning photoreading. One of the examples Pete gave was someone wanting to learn photoreading from a position of desperation or needing a miracle and trying to learn photoreading from a position of needing a miracle and trying to use photoreading to come up with a miracle.

It does not work that way. What you can expect from photoreading providing you are using the techniques correctly is to get your reading done in 1/3 of a time it would normally take you to read a book. If it takes you 12 hours to read a book with photoreading you should be able to go through the same book in 3 to 4 hours (we are talking about a beginner photoreader when i say 3 to 4 hours).

And you have to do the exercises and do exactly what Paul Scheele is teaching. I have seen it countless times where people do not follow the instructions. They do not do what Paul teaches in the book/course and then they wonder why are they having all these problems? They are having all these problems because they are not following directions.

Photoread4me

photoread4me #59172 03/29/07 11:54 AM
OP Offline

Hi thank you for your reply.

Just for the record, I am not stressed. It is important to me to be successful and I expect a return on my investment.

I think most people would desire some general idea of when they could expect to see results, a week? a month? This may seem urgent to you but it is common sense to me. I believe the flyer I recieved also says you can PR in your first lesson! i.e. Immediate results hence my questions to find out if this is true based on the experiences of other users

I have purchased PR as a 'learning tool' or 'learning strategy' not because I think it will be the magic wand that saves me from an impending failure.

In future communications I would thank you for being a little less overbearing, I must confess I don't really appreciate having my emotional state analyzed (inaccurately) based on my posting a few questions.

For what good advice you do offer I thank you.

-J

jaysun_d7 #59173 03/30/07 02:08 AM

Hi,

I found the PhotoReading course worth the time and the money. I used to be a very slow reader. I am much faster now, sometimes finishing 2 or 3 books a day. If you buy the course, you will be learning and playing with some of the techniques within the first hour. I have much better retention of the ideas.

I personally found that the course did not spend enough time teaching how to use the techniques on shorter material like email and magazines. That is just my opinion. Also, very dense technical material (like science and engineering) will still be pretty slow to read. That is because a good bit of the time is spent on grasping the concept.

I highly recommend the course. It has fundimentally changed my life.

otherbrother

otherbrother #59174 03/30/07 03:08 AM
OP Offline

Thanks for you input otherbrother.

jaysun_d7 #59175 03/30/07 03:45 AM

Hello.

"I am wondering has everyone had success using the photo reading course?

You need to have your own experience. Asking what other people experience is will do nothing for you because no one can do this for you.You have to do it yourself.

"How fast to results materialize (on average) I know it will probably very depending on one's dedication. Anyone have incredibly quick results?"

Again you need to learn photoreading for yourself. No one can learn photoreading for you.

"Was anybody confused by the materials when they first began to try the program? Are you still confused or have any problems been overcome?"

You will need to experience your own confusion. Confusion is a normal, healthy part of learning.

"Does anyone think this is enough time to learn to photo read if I practice daily?"

You will learn that you do not want to practice photoreading. You will need to use it. Again you need to have your own experience.

"Has anybody had any frustrating experiences with these methods or is it really as simple and effective as it is made out to be...i.e. 'anyone can do it.' "

Your own experience not others experience. Again only you can do this for yourself.

"Any dis-appointing/really difficult aspects of the course? or is everybody happy with their purchase/new reading skills?"

It really comes down to your experience. You need to have your own experience.

"I think most people would desire some general idea of when they could expect to see results, a week? a month? This may seem urgent to you but it is common sense to me. I believe the flyer I recieved also says you can PR in your first lesson! i.e. Immediate results hence my questions to find out if this is true based on the experiences of other users"

Again your experience not others. You cannot learn photoreading based on others experiences.

"In future communications I would thank you for being a little less overbearing, I must confess I don't really appreciate having my emotional state analyzed (inaccurately) based on my posting a few questions."

My intent was not to be overbearing. I do see patterns that will create a conflict or problems for you in learning photoreading and i was giving you advice because i can see the urgency, the overemphasis on others experiences and that will create problems for you before you have even started the course. Also when you talk about your emotional state that plays a huge part in learning photoreading. You also mentioned for what good advice i have given you you thank me. Based on what i saw on your other post you choose to ignore my advice about not trying to learn photoreading on school materials and you are free to ignore my advice however for someone that is concerned about results i would advise you when learning photoreading to not ignore advice when learning photoreading.As i said on a previous post people encounter problems when they do not follow the exercises or choose to ignore the instructions

Photoread4me

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved