Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

Are their limitations to photo reading? If so, what are they? Could I read a text on say, linguistics and still expect to understand the book even though I might be new to the subject and hence be required to learn alot of new vocabulary. What about reading in a second language that one is trying to take learn, can Photo reading still work or does one have to be fluent? (This may be a silly question-oh well:-)

-J

Hello. I communicated this on a previous post maybe i did not communicate well. You need to learn photoreading on something such as a self help book or a book on a hobby that has absolutely nothing to do with school.

Photoread4me

OP Offline

Hey PR4ME ,

Firstly, If your going to be condescending I don't wan't your advice.

Secondly, I want some elses opinion "other than" yours.

OK?

If not you know what you can do...

-J

Jaysun d7:

"Hey PR4ME ,

Firstly, If your going to be condescending I don't wan't your advice.

Secondly, I want some elses opinion "other than" yours.

OK?

If not you know what you can do...

Jaysun d7: i am not being condescending however you are being rude and i do not appreciate it. You do not like hearing what i said about it is not a good idea to try to learn photoreading on school materials. You choose to ignore my advice on the topic and that is your choice. Just do not complain when it is not working for you. Feel free to get anyone's opinion you want. I am not holding you back.

Photoread4me

Hi Jaysun_d7,

Well nice to meet you. May i ask for love and peace?

Well actually Photoreading Wholemind System is a learning system for a human. So it is just a system. I thought i cannot count limitation of a system which applied to a human as different human has different limitation of learning (That's why the adjectives like 'clever' and 'stupid' is born).

So the limitation is actually not caused by system, but by human minds, by human him/herself.

So if my friends ask me, "Why i cannot success with Photoreading Wholemind System? I would always smile and answer, "Why not? Minds are yours!"

P.S. I have experienced a question like this. My teacher asked me why the democratic system is failed in a country? I answered my teacher, "Why the democratic system would fail in that country? The other country is success under democratic system. It's not the failed system, but the failed president."

This is my answer for your question. No offence intended. I hope i can help you little. I am also love to be corrected if my answer is wrong or aggresive.

Thanks for the question.

Kind regards,

Kunagi

Last edited by kunagi; 03/30/07 05:24 AM.

Hello Jaysun_d7

Please understand that we are all here to help you so that you can make the most of PhotoReading whole mind system. There is no other motive whatsoever. Further please respect what others have to say, it might not always be what you want to hear. In my humble opinion you should appreciate that as you have liberty to ask any question the others also have the freedom to reply to you to the best of their knowledge.

We all try to devote as much time as possible, within the constraints of demands from our job, our relationships and many more. So keeping this in mind, try to understand that it does not looks inviting to answer the same question again and again. That is very human, I presume. This might help you explain the PhotoRead4me reply from a different perspective. Photoread4me has been on this forum for a quite a long time now and just by looking at his number of posts you can guess how helpful he is. Further the quality of his post and his patience is beyond a shadow of doubt. And believe me, he only wants to help you by pointing you in right direction.

Coming to your query, again, I will agree with Photoread4me that it is not a good idea to learn Photoreading on school text books. The reason is simple, you are learning something new and you are raising your expectation too much. First is your expectation of mastering PhotoReading and then comes using PhotoReading to perform brilliantly at school. This only hampers your learning and more often that not people will end up with not so positive results with the entire experiment and they will brand PhotoReading as baloney. So it is best advisable to learn PhotoReading on other interesting non-fiction books. Once you have polished your PhotoReadng process by practicing it on five or may be ten books, then you can proceed to work on any other books.

The PhotoReading whole mind system has no limitations, provided the system is followed in its true spirit; provided you have the attitude of playing with it and enjoy learning. When I say enjoy learning you accept and appreciate every success and failure. Many people have reported that they have learned the new language pretty quickly and with less difficulties just by PhotoReading the target-language-to-native-language dictionary.

I hope I have been of some help to you.

P.S. - Some kind words to Photoread4me are due.

Photoread4me - No hard feelings, I know it happened in the heat of the moment. I can safely guess Jaysun is good at heart.

God bless you.

Kind regards
Vaibhav Sharma

Photoread4me - No hard feelings, I know it happened in the heat of the moment. I can safely guess Jaysun is good at heart.

God bless you.

Kind regards
Vaibhav Sharma

Vaibhav: No hard feelings. Thank you for your kind words.

God bless you.

Kind regards
Photoread4me

Jaysun d7: No hard feelings.

God bless you.

Photoread4me

OP Offline

I have no hard feelings towards anyone.

When there are many people using the same product there will be many opinions on 'what works'. As PR4ME was the only one who replied to my posts I posted more to get other people to speak up.

One opinion is not sufficient proof for me.

Also I don't appreciate the way some people force their views down your throat. If I ask a question the reply ought to be an objective perhaps even a subjective opinion would do; not a judgemental opinion laced with pessimistic predictions about my cognitive abilities.

How does anyone know that I will fail to learn PR by 'practicing' (which I believe I was told you don't practice you just do it, which is really the equivalent of saying you do not learn, you just know.) on works of English literature rather than 'How to Win Friends and Influence People?"

I forgive you for your inesensitivity PR4ME. Let that be an end of it.

All the best,

J

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

If you need proof about a system that has been around for 21 years the forum probably isn't going to provide it. What will is just let go and learn the system.

Reading isn't like playing a piano or practising keys. You've already done that in elementary school. PhotoReading is elevating your reading to the next level by using a systematic approach to reading. You don't practice a system you apply it.

No one is putting limitations on how the system will work for you except you. You ask us how long and if you can yet you're unwilling to just let go and learn the system so you can apply it to the school work as soon as possible.

Why do we keep telling you to do it on books other than school work first. Your questions demonstrate impatience. The need to apply it to school work is impatience. That is the biggest handicap to learning PhotoReading. With patience it takes next to no time to learn with impatience you can join the ranks of those who have taken 12 to 18 months to learn. And when they did they quit being impatient and did exactly what people have been telling them all along. Learn the system first so you can see how it works on stuff that interests you. Once you know how it works you will recognise when you're going off the path with the system and when you are having difficulty with concepts in what you are studying.

Alex

OP Offline

OK-OK-OK. Let me just say, to apply oneself to the acquisition of new skills is "practice." The application of a skill once it has been acquired is also a form of practice.

There is a saying which goes: "practice makes perfect." Not application makes perfect. Why is practice the maxim? I dunno.

Also, I don't have the materials yet. They are in the post. I await them eagerly.

Patience is not a virtue.
If it was a virtue that this forum believed in, everyone here is a hypocrite. Why would a patient person be concerned with PR? I suggest you face the mirror ask yourselves if you really are as patient as you thought. Photo reading is in itself an act of impatience, you rushed or are pressed for time, there is no time, you must take in information at a faster pace, maxime input, maximize output, you do not want read a book at a leisurely pace, at 200 words an minute, you want to devour it as quickly as you can, one might even say "impatiently," and move onto the next volume.

I have not put one limitation on myself. I have only asked questions.

So far I have been told:

If I have patience,
I will succeed.
If I learn on material other than the work that I have a vested interest in,
I will succeed.
If I follow the instructions,
I will succeed.
It is up to the individual,
I will succeed.

So it is decided, I will succeed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil