Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Phew, finally my pc is fixed.

Hi Jaysun_d7,

I am also a student so i thought my words can help you a little. As a beginner photoreader, i perceive the photoreading learning as a driving lesson.

Let's say i am learning to drive a car.

I would always believe that 'practice makes perfect'. I practice the driving skill well, i feel better and easier and i can drive the car on the traffic road without any accident or trouble. It is same with learning the PR, i practice it well so i can absorb more knowledge. If i do not practice it well, i would lost the knowledge in the phase of activation and it definitely cause trouble in my study and test.

I would also believe that 'patience makes perfect'. I consider that i need more patience to drive a fast car. The faster the car is, more patience then i need. If not, i would definitely kiss other cars and "Boom!", the accident happened.
It is same with Photoreading Wholemind System. It is a super learning system and lead me run for 30000wpm on my journey of study. Of course, i need big patience so i can handle the speed and not cause any loss of knowledge so that is not trouble in my study and test.

Lastly, I would also believe that 'do not apply PR on schoolworks while you are learning PR'.:D The situation is back to the driving lesson. Let's say i want to learn the drift. It is a hard technique for a eastern boy to learn. I believe that i would Not perform drift on the road while i still not learn it completely and well and even do not practice it in practice center. It would Definitely kill lots of people. I say lots of people but not just one people or an easy accident. It is same with learning the Photoreading Wholemind System, if i do not study it completely and do not practice it on other material, i would cause a big trouble and accident in my test and study.

Finally, i would like to share my experience with you. I learned Photoreading Wholemind System when i am student. Honestly, the examination's result that you saw is just fourth test(without PR) and SPM. The truth is i have once tried to use PR in my schoolwork before i learned it completely and well. So now this is the result for the third test.

The result of third test( When the PR is not complete and well)

Language:
Melayu - 5C
Inggeris-3B
Chinese-5C

Science:
Biology-7D
Chemistry-8E
Physics-5C
EST-3B

Mathematics:
Mathematics- 6C
A.Mathematics-8E

Others:
History-8E
Moral-5C

So this is the result. It seems 'good' but actually our teachers have gave some additional marks to improve the result as we have to send this stuff to government. I have no choice and i got this result.You are the beginner of PR and you have the choice to choose whether apply it when it is not completed and get this result or not. I am little bit sad as you are really lucky! You got Photoread4me's word in your study of PR! This is a blessing for you.

I hope my word can help you a little. No offence intended. Thanks.

God bless you

Kind regards,

Kunagi

Quote:

"You need to learn photoreading on something such as a self help book or a book on a hobby that has absolutely nothing to do with school.

Photoread4me

Why should you not use study materials to learn to PhotoRead?

Once you have learned to PhotoRead, can you use it to read and learn new educational materials? If yes, how would you recommend applying the system to those materials for the best results?

PhotoReading is a Skill as Patience is a Skill, as Walking and Speaking and Breathing.

Skills require Practice to Master. We all know this. Learning to walk, we all fell over...Over and over, until we Succeeded. We were Proud. That huge smile and sense of accomplishment. We carry that with us throughout our lives. Each time we finish something to our satisfaction we look at it and confidence surges through us. What a Great Feeling! What an amazing feeling to know that we are capable of doing Anything that we set our minds to accomplish.

Photoreading is a skill for the acquisition of Knowledge and Information, be it paper or pixel. Simply, Photoreading is the tool. Once you have the Information, the process of learning begins. The Skill of Patience is applied in the practice and use of that new knowledge in our lives. The skill and self discipline to Own the situation, Reflect, and Re-apply your new budding skills and Know that a new and different outcome is possible.

"Whatever the Mind can Conceive and Believe, it can Achieve" - Napoleon Hill

tantaliz3

"Why should you not use study materials to learn to PhotoRead?

"Once you have learned to PhotoRead, can you use it to read and learn new educational materials? If yes, how would you recommend applying the system to those materials for the best results?"

Does a novice who just got their automobile driver license go out and drive a giant semi truck with 16 gears?

Does a novice pilot who just got his pilot's license for the smallest plane go out and fly a jumbo jet.

Does a person who just completed their first month as a intern perform brain surgery or open heart surgery.

First we learn how to crawl, then we learn how to walk, then we learn how to run.

I do not know why there is so much resistance to this concept on learning photoreading on non-school material and not school material. Oh i do know why there is so much unwillingness to learn on non school material. People want it all now. Thow it in the microwave. It's ready in 30 seconds. Or people would prefer to take a pill rather than to exercise, eat healthy.

If you cannot activate a simple book how in the world are you going activate a complex, complicated textbook? What is the problem with activating a simple book.

We give people the best advice we can to put them in the optimal position to succeed.

Learn to master photoreading, activation on regular books. When you have consistently successfully activated numerous books then start using photoreading for school but do not make it harder for yourself when you do not even know how to activate yet and try to learn how to activate and learn a complex book at the same time. We keep repeating this because if you are struggling trying to learn photoreading how are you going to know if your problem is with learning photoreading or the problem is learning the book?

As far as practicing goes Paul Scheele the creator of photoreading said don't practice photoreading. Just use it.

Photoread4me

Quote:

Does a novice who just got their automobile driver license go out and drive a giant semi truck with 16 gears?

Does a novice pilot who just got his pilot's license for the smallest plane go out and fly a jumbo jet.

Does a person who just completed their first month as a intern perform brain surgery or open heart surgery.

In the interest of discussion, No. Not because we don't have the ability, it is because driving a semi truck is a completely different skill to achieving a drivers license. Developing a new skill requires learning the procedures and techniques involved. no exceptions.

Quote:

First we learn how to crawl, then we learn how to walk, then we learn how to run.

Absolutely! I completely agree. Practice, Practice, Practice.

Quote:

I do not know why there is so much resistance to this concept on learning photoreading on non-school material and not school material. Oh i do know why there is so much unwillingness to learn on non school material. People want it all now. Thow it in the microwave. It's ready in 30 seconds. Or people would prefer to take a pill rather than to exercise, eat healthy.

I don't believe its resistance to the concept, people are searching for answers to legitimate questions. Tell me, how would you classify these books?

A self help book about relationships.
A book about Computer Programming.
PhotoReading Whole Mind System.
and a Physics Text.

Me? Id say they are all educational. Each contains the information that we need to put into practice the skills involved with each subject. So why would you use one over any other to learn the skills involved with Photoreading? In fact, in the program, Paul suggests doing just that, to photoread his book.

In my opinion, the reason Paul suggests, as you mention, "don't practice Photoreading, Just use it" is because the act of practicing brings to mind conscious effort on the part of the student, and as we all know, the conscious mind filters all that we try to do and makes learning the skills much more difficult.

Quote:

If you cannot activate a simple book how in the world are you going activate a complex, complicated textbook? What is the problem with activating a simple book.

There is no problem, it is a valid method of gaining confidence and experience during the learning process. My question to you is; Why must a person follow a strict and rigid set of rules and procedures for what they are trying to achieve? This entire concept is exactly what Paul is trying to draw us away from, the same system drilled into us from day one K through Graduation. The genius behind Paul's entire system is the belief that humans learn through mistakes, trial and error and Creativity. If we try to steer people along a straight paved road we are simply enforcing the very system which has stifled the creative and genius minds of countless millions throughout the course of last century or more. If they feel comfortable learning from a Textbook, I say let them!

My suggestion is to guide people. Don't tell people. Let them experiment for themselves, they will be far more inspired when they discover for themselves what amazing and previously unimaginable heights they can attain. They will respect you more for it.

tantaliz3

Ps. You mentioned why you believe that everyone is in a hurry to get everything, I agree, but maybe for a different reason. In todays world the average adult Never Stops. The mindset that we need to complete everything incredibly fast without time for the essential rest, relaxation and play has produced a culture of Need it NOW individuals, when something does not come naturally first time, straight out the gate, then people get discouraged and abandon it before they even get a chance to glimpse the beautiful green grass and sweet fresh air on the other side of that impossibly long bridge. That belief that we need everything now has created a sense that as adults we should be able to do everything perfectly the first time. Not so. How do you encourage people to continue and stick with it? With the vast majority of people, sadly, we wont. Encouraging people to their own discoveries and aha moments of brilliance will help them encourage themselves and build the confidence to keep discovering. They will do it all by themselves, and continue to return here for the guidance and advice of wise masters like yourselves.

Quote:

In the interest of discussion, No. Not because we don't have the ability, it is because driving a semi truck is a completely different skill to achieving a drivers license. Developing a new skill requires learning the procedures and techniques involved. no exceptions.

Ah that being said is there not a possibility that when we are new to photoreading that we have not yet acquired the procedures and techniques involved. Could we also say that learning to photoread and activate is a skill to be learned. Normally people would learn to drive a car before they would learn to drive a giant truck. Can you understand the logic of learning to use the photoreading system on more basic books before using it on complex, difficult books. I am not saying never use photoreading on complex books it has been used successfully i can give you examples of people using photoreading with physics i am saying learn it on a basic book first. This goes back to my statement first we learn to crawl, then we learn to walk, then we learn to run. Not immediately i am going to run when i have not learned to crawl or walk yet.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Absolutely! I completely agree. Practice, Practice, Practice.

If you agree then why would you say have someone try to activate advanced books when they have not even attempted to active a regular book. To practice, practice, practice i would suggest Paul Scheele's statement use it,use it, use it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is no problem, it is a valid method of gaining confidence and experience during the learning process. My question to you is; Why must a person follow a strict and rigid set of rules and procedures for what they are trying to achieve? This entire concept is exactly what Paul is trying to draw us away from, the same system drilled into us from day one K through Graduation. The genius behind Paul's entire system is the belief that humans learn through mistakes, trial and error and Creativity. If we try to steer people along a straight paved road we are simply enforcing the very system which has stifled the creative and genius minds of countless millions throughout the course of last century or more. If they feel comfortable learning from a Textbook, I say let them!

My suggestion is to guide people. Don't tell people. Let them experiment for themselves, they will be far more inspired when they discover for themselves what amazing and previously unimaginable heights they can attain. They will respect you more for it.

There is a problem with people attempting to active a complex book when they haven't even learned to active a simple book. Do a search on textbooks you will find plenty of examples of people struggling with attempting to active textbooks. The photoreading system is not a bunch of strict rules and procedures. Why make it more difficult on people? Why not let them have some successes on basic books first then let them transfer that skill to more complex books. If someone can successfully activate complex, difficult textbooks wonderful! That would be great! However the reality is most people start with the basics and as i said earlier do a search you will not find loads and loads of brand new photoreaders instantly successfully activating textbooks.

I am not here to give people orders. My intent was based on my previous experience of how i saw so many people struggling with textbooks was to give people the best information i had to put people in the best position to succeed with photoreading.

Photoread4me

Quote:

I don't believe its resistance to the concept, people are searching for answers to legitimate questions. Tell me, how would you classify these books?

A self help book about relationships.
A book about Computer Programming.
PhotoReading Whole Mind System.
and a Physics Text.

Me? Id say they are all educational. Each contains the information that we need to put into practice the skills involved with each subject. So why would you use one over any other to learn the skills involved with Photoreading? In fact, in the program, Paul suggests doing just that, to photoread his book.

A self help book i would consider a regular book.
A book on computer programming i would consider a technical book.
Photoreading Whole Mind System i would consider a simple book.
A Physics Text i would consider a complex textbook.

I would say you want to consider where a person is in their stage of development with photoreading. Why should we make it intentionally more difficult for the new photoreader to learn photoreading. I never said never use photoreading on complex books. I said learn to use it on more basic books first. Why make it harder?

Quote:

In my opinion, the reason Paul suggests, as you mention, "don't practice Photoreading, Just use it" is because the act of practicing brings to mind conscious effort on the part of the student, and as we all know, the conscious mind filters all that we try to do and makes learning the skills much more difficult.

Then why would you say "practice, practice, practice"?
Quote:

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

What people forget. With textbooks and school books their goal is to learn something from those books. Now they have a reading system that works for them and they want to learn another.

Doesn't it make sense to test the new system on something that you won't regret getting it wrong on first?

Like buying a new fancy bike or skateboard for competition don't you run trials to make sure the equipment is run in and you are familiar with it's handling?

Learning to PhotoRead is like learning to juggle knifes... you already know how to read (juggle) That's the next step. School work is like learning to walk on a high wire. Wouldn't you want to be confident at least in one skill so you can concentrate fully on the other?

Another reason for not working with textbooks is textbooks are multiple books in one. Ideally you've learned how to tackle one book before you try doing a stack of books with different purposes in one go.

To answer the original question. PhotoReading is the next step in reading. Anything you can read you can use the PhotoReading system on; once you've learned the system.

Alex

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved