Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

T. Harv Eker has a very good course - Millionaire Mind Weekend (usually Fri-Sun, 3 days). Check to see if it is in your city (or around, it is worth the trip). I attended his weekend a little over a year ago and he helped to change a lot of my incorrect/conflicting thought process. He teaches with examples & analogy that you remember - definitely helps a lot. I started understanding and somewhat applying the LOA without knowing the term for it. The best thing is that if you buy his book (or that's how it used to be) for $20, you could attend the MM weekend for free. That is priceless. Of course, lots of people are usually compelled to sign up for his other paid courses and buys products - but regardless, attending 3 days of workshop for $20 is priceless.

Also, regarding brain state - I attended Silva Ultra Mind ESP course about 6 months ago. The instructor taught a very good technique (well, there were a lot) where you practice to access alpha state anytime, when you are conscious, by programming your mind with certain instruction - such as when I join 3 fingers in this manner, I reach alpha brainwave state. It usually takes about a month or so to get the hang of it.

I found programming or applying LOA in alpha state can help you reach your goals faster.

"Creative Visualization" and "Power of your Subconscious Mind" are also 2 excellent books.

Richard, I think someone has figured out what you are looking for. Take a look at a site called getthedream.com They have combined brainwave entrainment with an electronic vision board. Once the music gets your brain into the Theta wave state, it shows you images and affirmations. Seems pretty cool. Also, I am a big Kelly Howell Brain Sync fan, and brainwave entrainment in general. She has a phenomenal podcast called Theatre of the Mind. What a great voice.

People see faces in a lot of things because we are predisposed to see faces. It's part of being human. Because we are social creatures, seeing reactions on faces is very important to us. Sometimes it can mean the difference between life and death.

So we see faces on Mars, in clouds, and on toasts that have come out of the toaster. Sometimes on pancakes, but rarely, for some reason, in gravy. It's not mystical; it's just the way the brain works.

There is an experiment where people are shown an image that is basically noise. But it's noise that vaguely looks like a dog. Most people don't see the dog. Then they are shown a picture of a dog. Then they are shown the first image again. They see the dog.

There are other experiments where there are a bunch of cartoons depicting "neutral" human interactions. One cartoon, for example, might depict three people standing around a table with no real expressions of emotion on their faces. People are shown images of violence and then shown the cartoons. They are more likely to interpret scenarios where there is aggression when asked to describe what is going on in the cartoons.

It works with any kind of "pre-loading." You can train yourself to expect just about anything, and if you do, you'll find it. It's not magic, but it can be magical.

Regarding gratitude, same thing. You'd be better off, I think, practicing gratitude meditations or just simply asking yourself a lot, "What do I have to be grateful for?" than trying to find and stimulate the "gratitude brain wave."

You'll generate the mental activity of gratitude by simply thinking about things for which you're grateful. The brain is complex, and I bet the mental activity associated with the state of gratitude is complex as well and isn't as simple as being a brain wave, like a gamma wave or other kind of overgeneralization like that. It's probably a bunch of different kinds of electrical activity in different parts of the brain, some of them excitatory and some of them inhibitory.

Remember, dogs may bark when it rains, but that doesn't mean that dogs barking CAUSE the rain.

I like your analogy Babayada. To maybe add some more to your perspective is that many of the suggested things to do are also the most efficient and the most pleasureable.

Wear a smile on your face uses much less muscles/energy than a frown.

To express gratitude also reminds you of pleasureable moments or circumstances and sub consciously you start looking for more of the same. It seems to relieve stress and helps you to relax. It also is an acknowledgement to the Universe for helping you and it wants to help you if you let it.

Pleasure, usually is pretty stress free and in pursuit of it you feel happy and "in the zone".

You notice that the amount of effort it takes to accomplish things seems like much less. When you're having fun the time flies by and wish it would never end. "Come on Kids, it's time for bed". Try something naturally addictive like genealogy research if you don't believe me.

I have now finally gotten the experience that the Purpose of Life is to Be Happy. Being Happy is the most efficient way to live. If you are not Happy, then you are on the wrong path. You can find happiness in anything that you are doing, it just takes a little mental shift and you are there. Who cares, Do nothing, Be Happy.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved