Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#59447 04/14/07 09:29 PM
OP Offline

Does anyone have any experience, positive or negative, with using the Memory Optimizer and/or Personal Genuis paraliminals with autistic or otherwaise learning disabled children.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with me. I would like to use these paraliminals with my seven year old, but, would feel better if I was familiar with what to expect.

Best Regards,
David

I am an employment counselor who works with people with dissabilities, including the autism spectrum. I do not know how effective those paraliminals would be, but I am sure the Self Esteem Supercharger would be great, as well as Positive Relationships.

Most of the Autistic people I have met are inteligent- and have the most difficulty in relationships with peers...

My 8 year old sometinmes listens to Personal Genius, and sometimes to Self Esteem Supercharger. I do not know if they are benefitting his mind as they do mine - he seems to be a normaly developing kid- but they sure help him relax into sleep!

vitaman

I agree with what vita-man has said, as far as the "programming" part is concerned.

The only concern I have is with the binaurals that are on the CD's, as I recall something I read in the Centerpointe material indicating that children under the age of 16(?) should only use holosync (binaural's) with the guidance of a physician, as there is some concern with it over-stimulating the mind of a youngster prematurely, before full brain growth had been achieved. However, in the case of an autistic child, perhaps that is what may be needed.

I would think this is an important enough question to put directly to both Paul at LSC and perhaps ask to speak with either Bill Harris or Marc Gilson at Centerpointe. I don't feel that the regular CRI coaches know enough about this to give you a good answer. While the CRI people may not give you a yes or no completely (leaving you to make a decision for yourself), they will probably be more than happy to give you at least ideas to help you make your decision from a greater position of knowledge.

Cheers!
Unis

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Paraliminal are okay for kids with autism. You don't want to use anything that takes them all the way to delta. There often is too much delta activity already.

Memory Supercharger and Personal Genius are great ones for kids you can use them while they sleep without headphones. Just place the speakers on either side.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved