Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#59495 04/17/07 01:51 AM
nanina Offline OP
OP Offline

Help! I bought a condo about 7 years ago which has unfortunately turned out to be a very bad real estate investment (as in property is worth less than I paid for it) due to several unfortunate circumstances. For the long suffering homeowners, the negative energy enveloping the community is palpable. I was finally able to put the condo on the market 8 months ago. In that time, I've gotten positive feedback and about 5 people who have told my realtor that they were thinking about making an offer, however, there's been no followthrough. I need to get this place sold and SOON for financial and personal growth reasons but have become so discouraged, at times bitter and worried about the money going out each month for this place (it is currently vacant) that I am sure I am repelling a buyer. I have the following paraliminals:

New Behavior Generator
Increase Personal magnetism
New History Generator
Prosperity
Self Esteem
Anxiety Free

Any suggestions how I might go about using any or all of these CDS to attract a reasonable offer and buyer and finally move on with my life? Thanks in advance for any and all replies.

nanina #59496 04/17/07 06:27 AM

On the paraliminal side, think through a plan of how you'd like things to turn out for yourself, and then see how each or any of these would allow you to express your intentions. Read the booklets over again to get some good ideas - I love the way those help to clarify my thinking around things at times. I'd suggest starting with New Bahaviour Generator, around your attitude of worrying about money, and then use Prosperity to firm up on how much you want for the property.

If the place wasn't vacant, I'd suggest that the next time your agent calls to show the place (with hopefully adequate notice) bake some cookies just before they arrive. Perhaps you could still bake the cookies, and have them there as a "treat" for viewers, especially if you are doing an Open House viewing. Keep a roll of the Pillsbury chocolate chip ones in the freezer for just such an occasion. The smell of fresh baking brings people back to their childhood home in their minds, and they will take root before the ink on the offer is dry. There are also aerosol sprays on the market that will provide a close approximation of some baking - you don't want it overpowering, anyways, as this might raise suspicions - you want it just below the level of conscious mind, sweet and subliminal.

Cheers!
Unis

nanina #59497 04/17/07 06:32 AM
Learning Strategies Admin

Start with Anxiety Free. To break the idea of "I'm repelling buyers"

Then get the Prosperity Paraliminal going. That one I often had the sleep track going while I was working.

Now since the place is vacant it might be a good idea to do some clearing. You might want to raise the question on Beyond human or the Feng Shui forum as to how to clear the property of any negative energies. Someone may be able to explain an easy way to do it. There are a number of techniques and the best one is the one you can get your mind around as working and get your mind around it that the place is clean and clear and ready to be sold.

Alex

nanina #59498 04/17/07 12:59 PM

The next time you have an open house, you might consider either hiring someone who stages houses/condos for these events, or learning how to do it yourself. Someone suggested baking cookies; another good idea is to get an automatic breadmaker (it can be a cheapie if you don't plan on using it a lot afterwards) and set it so that the bread is baking during the open house. Nothing says "I'm home" better than the aroma fresh bread or cookies! Some people even buy a frozen apple pie and bake that.

One paraliminal you might find helpful is Self Esteem Supercharger. It really builds self confidence, and that's something that sort of radiates into all of your dealings.

Good luck, and let us know when it sells!

Jeanne #59499 04/17/07 02:40 PM
nanina Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks everyone. I will use the recommended paraliminals anxiety free, prosperity, self esteem supercharger and new behavior generator.

The condo has already been staged and shows well (it is vacant but still furnished). I live 900 miles away right now and needless to say I am tense and in a feeling of lack (this place has been incredibly emotionally and financially draining over the years). I don't know much about it but If feng shui can be practiced long distance then I'd be willing to go for it. Thanks again. I'll check it out.

nanina #59500 04/17/07 04:15 PM
nanina Offline OP
OP Offline

Actually - another question. With what kind of frequency should I be listening to these CDS. I do not have the time to listen to all the CDS in one day. I could probably swing 2 a day sometimes. Should I rotate them during the week or listen to one for a few days and then move on to the next one for a few days, etc.? Thanks

nanina #59501 04/17/07 04:57 PM

The two Anxiety Free two or three days. Prosperity daily for as long as you want. You can use any Paraliminal just once a day and you'll be doing enough.

Alex

I'm new to the Paraliminals myself. However, I've gone through exactly the same thing you are describing, and have some suggestions for you about the condo itself. First, I know it's all doom-and-gloom when you talk to other homeowners. However, don't forget that multiple people trying to sell at the same time will only help to depress property values even further. Also, leaving your condo listed for 8 months continuously makes a buyer think: WHY is it so hard for them to sell this one? It has nothing to do with you or your condo, it's just human nature. So, if at all possible, analyse WHY you need to sell - I know you say you need it sold SOON, but I will suggest that perhaps you need to hold on to it and accept the financial drain for now.

Don't get mad at me: I say this for a reason. Let the others sell _if_ they can. Your own experience shows you that maybe they cannot, as fast as they'd like. Instead of letting this financial outflow occupy the majority of your thoughts, FOCUS on making it better. Once you accept that either you cannot sell right now, or that you must be willing to take an even lower price (truly accept one of these two options), your brain is then free to try to "make it better". Which could mean: renting out the place so you have some income to offset the outgo. Or (depending on venue and city regulations) making it a bed-and-breakfast place (why NOT in a condo? Europeans do it all the time!), or renting it short-term to visitors from overseas. Or .... whatever. If the light is good, maybe an artist would be glad to rent it during the day to paint in. You get the idea. Right now, you are focused on ONE aspect: SELL. That means your brain isn't thinking at its full potential. Get unstuck and watch the answers flow in.:)

The conclusion of my own story? That was 4 years ago that I was _desperate_ to sell: for many reasons. I actually had it on the market, got a laughable offer, turned it down. Decided to hold on to it. Rented it out for a while, then moved in there myself for a couple of years (reduced outflow, see?). I've just finally sold the unit - the market did decide to up-tick finally, and I got out at a healthy profit. Great learning experience.

All that said, if you decide you really ARE going to sell it ASAP, then you need to make it stand out from the other units up for sale. Either lower your price, or offer better terms. Take a closer look at the unit itself, and spend a little to make it look its best (a fresh coat of paint in itself can work wonders!) - it's paradoxical, but sometimes you really do have to spend a little more on what you think is a lost cause. As others have suggested, stage the unit: put in just a minimum of furniture and brighten it up with some flowers (even artificial), so it looks lovely but not cluttered. Offer to throw in the furniture as part of the sale (if it's yours, of course, not if it's rented). Ask your realtor to take it off the market for a month and then re-list it - that may be your biggest selling point, being "fresh" on the market.

Good luck with the condo. I'm sure you'll make the decision that's right for you, and will relax as soon as you've consciously made it!

beonice #59503 04/29/07 01:07 AM
nanina Offline OP
OP Offline

Beonice, thanks for your comments.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved