Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#59676 04/29/07 03:07 AM
OP Offline

i have been doing the feeling exersise, but when i get to feeling the power in the feeling I cant feel any power. what could I be doing wrong.

I find that reading or listening to Ekhart Tolle on CD (audio book) helps me to really tap into the "feeling" intellectually . . . then experientially it is much easier.

Also if paraliminals are powerful for you, you may consider trying to reexperience the power of being totally relaxed (as when listening to them). . . and the power of that feeling. Allow your consciousness to grow beyond your body and expand into the infinite universe.

Hope that might be helpful. . .

OP Offline

thanks jason i have eckhart tolle's book the power of now can you recomend a relevent section or is it in anotherof his works. please dont think i am being lazy. I am trying to seek and find

Practicing the Power of Now is great book. In chapter 1 Being and Elightenment, he describes the "feeling" and the "power in the feeling" in several different ways. . . I don't think he actually uses those words, but you'll get the drift.

The key to making it real to you is to imagine and focus on the imagery that he alludes to.

Paul Scheele describes the same principles throughout the AFL course, but sometimes getting a different perspective can assist with the "ah-ha" moments.

Yes I agree Jason. I picked up the Power of Now in the bookshop as I was vaguely aware it had been recommended somewhere and it turned out to be one of my best buys. It certainly made the feeling exercise make a lot more sense and also brought a different perspective to the trances we have adopted. The more we read and study with a willingness to learn and grow, the better. How true it is that there isn't and can't be one great guru but there are things to be learned from many teachers, which in the end all fit together like a jigsaw when we are prepared to apply the lessons

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved