Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

An analogy occurs to me, possibly an erroneous one (not to mention that analogies are usually inadequate presentations of an idea). Consider a restaurant. When you enter to have a meal, do you order everything on the menu? All the appetizers, all the entrees, all the desserts, etc.? Indeed not: we have a purpose (to satisfy our hunger, to avoid things that may be unhealthy for us, to try something we don't ordinarily eat). We order according to our purpose. We can go back to the restaurant later to try something else, with a slightly different purpose. With a book, of course, you can just be hungry right away again, i.e. you can change your purpose and continue on. But we never assume that we enter the restaurant expecting to eat everything all at once. We have a purpose, and we assimilate accordingly.

Another nice thing about post-processing books we've PRed is that it is so much more relaxing than trying to use books in the normal method.

Learning Strategies Admin

The Accelerated Learning State is for giving yourself the positive affirmation and and purpose or intent of what you want to achieve in the next step. It leads you into the PhotoReading state which is not connected to the Accelerated Learning State Accelerated Learning State prepares you for learning Applies to anything not just PhotoReading and is an excellent lead in to a learning activity. after about two weeks of guiding yourself in on your own you'll be able to do it with a couple of deep breaths. I recommend you occasionally revisit the Accelerated Learning State full technique just to reinforce the purpose and intent for PhotoReading.

Alex

matthat Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks... that's really useful, I hadn't seen them (AL & PF) as different states.

Hi matthat,

If you have the home study course you could also review the section of Disc One where Paul talks about your breathing and visualizing an image or place that helps you get into the relaxed state quicker. Or you might try the chant from Disc One, the one that goes: "Re-lax, Re-lax, 4-3-2-1..." That helped me a lot initially.

For me now, I immediately relax as soon as I am able to get the blip page effect when I go into PhotoFocus mode. For me, getting the blip page is a fun exercise/technique and as soon as I get it I relax even more and forget anything that may have been troubling me prior to picking up the book.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Michael

matthat Offline OP
OP Offline

I have no trouble getting in to photofocus state, that's instantaneous for me, it's getting in to accelerated learning state that takes me time - i'm sure I could do it quicker, now I'm not using disk 7 to run me through the process, the stabilisers are off and I'm going at my own pace to get in to that state, so with time it will speed up.

Hi matthat:

Just Beautiful ... what you have suggested will make one get into a state where there is a keen sense of purpose and deep respect for what the author has to share ... and that will mean one will be in a state of great receptivity.

matthat Offline OP
OP Offline

Glad you find it useful.. enjoy!

Quote:

Hi matthat,

If you have the home study course you could also review the section of Disc One where Paul talks about your breathing and visualizing an image or place that helps you get into the relaxed state quicker. Or you might try the chant from Disc One, the one that goes: "Re-lax, Re-lax, 4-3-2-1..." That helped me a lot initially.

For me now, I immediately relax as soon as I am able to get the blip page effect when I go into PhotoFocus mode. For me, getting the blip page is a fun exercise/technique and as soon as I get it I relax even more and forget anything that may have been troubling me prior to picking up the book.

Hope this is of some help to you.

Michael

Michael, I hope you understand the purpose of the Accelerated Learning State. It's not the same state as the PhotoReading state. There is a difference and there is a reason Paul takes you into the Accelerated Learning State before entering the PhotoReading state.

Alex

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved