Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#59817 05/06/07 07:37 PM
OP Offline

I read somewhere that you may photoread the book this way: turn the book
upside down, and PhotoReading back to front.
What will be "back to front"? In a book of 150 pages it mens from 150 to 1 (normal paging), or always from 1 to 150 (reverse paging, so that the first page you photoread is the number 1 page)?

Just as stated, upside down. And as you will turn the pages the same way, the only way to read it is from 150 to 1. The mind will turn it right side up, and give you the information as you need it correctly. Your mind is powerful enough to understand it either way. The main thing to remember is, get the information into the other than consious mind, and let it give it back to you when you need it.

Meesha

Meesha #59819 05/08/07 01:40 PM

Sometimes I find it hard to stop trying to recognise the characters on the page when the book is the right way up, so I always photoread it upside down after reading it the right way up.

Perhaps I should PR it upside-down first to help me relax more at the outset... hmmm...

Meesha #59820 05/10/07 08:08 PM
OP Offline

Quote:

Just as stated, upside down. And as you will turn the pages the same way, the only way to read it is from 150 to 1. The mind will turn it right side up, and give you the information as you need it correctly. Your mind is powerful enough to understand it either way. The main thing to remember is, get the information into the other than consious mind, and let it give it back to you when you need it.

Oh, ok.
So the first page I will read will be...the last page of the normal way.
So the other than conscious mind will re-turn the book not only as "upside-down", but also from end to beginning.
I understood.
I do agree 100%.

Matt: sometimes I have temptation too to "recognize" some words during PR phase.
It's ok. Upside-Down may be it's a good method to relax.
I ask everybody: upside-down...can be the only photoread way?
I mean...according to you...it's ok if I PR only upside down?

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Yep it's often easier to turn the pages on library books upside down. The corners are not as ... dog eared and licked.

You can always PhotoRead the book upside down and only upside down
Works better in some cases because it kicks the conscious mind out of the way saying I'm doing things differently so you be quiet and watch what happens.

Alex

Since the start of this thread i've begun with upside down, then by the time i flip the book round my concious mind has given up trying to read anything... works a treat!

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved