Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
HelenM Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi everyone,

I have had the full set of paraliminals since early March, and have gradually learnt to use them sensibly rather than trying lots of different ones for the same problem.

I have started to make improvements in areas where I have specific goal - such as getting up early rather than lying in bed, and going for a run 3 times a week.

My next big goal is to stop provaricating at work. However I am not sure how to be precise about this one. I can't pin down exact actions because evey day is different and I haven't got time to stop and do a paraliminal in between every task.

What I want to do is decide on the next task and then get on with it. I realise that I also need to work out what is stopping me and get over that, but at the moment the key thing to me seems to be use NBG to get myself working hard. I have a really good system for organising myself, but rarely get as far a doing the task until the deadline is upon me.

Is this a precise enough goal?

Regards

Helen

If you focus on working hard, may be you are putting the cart before the horse?

I have done this a lot and ended up working hard, getting very tired and achieving next to nothing

Shouldnt the focus be on the outcomes the things you want to achieve through work? and if these seem too big to get started on it here and now in a concrete way, then chop them down into micro steps, some that are doable now?

I think this approach may be helping me at the moment, I focus on the baby steps in terms of what it feels like, looks like, smells like, tastes like etc (ie saturate the senses) with an imagined experience of reaching and passing each baby step, one at a time. I use this process before the parraliminal listening

and then just let the pace of work, and amount of work, and whether or not I even do the tasks myself take care of themselves? is what I am thinking right now?

for example I had a recent goal that i was procrastinating on that ended up being reached for me largely through delegating and not actually doing the physical hard work myself!

turned out the person I delegated too did a much better job on it than I can currently do! and I learnt a lot in the process!

the initial resistance I had to delegating was what I think the parraliminal helped me with by opening me more to the option of changing my mindset on delegation and false frugality in this case

This was not achieved by working harder! or doing parraliminals on adopting new habits (not that this is bad!). This was actually done by seeing the concrete steps towrrds a bigger goal achieved in my minds eye

is this releavant to what you are dealing with? (not that I am any more than a stumbling beginner on this path as well, but something in your email struck me that you may be stumbling on a similar issue to me)

HelenM Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you.

I understand what you are saying. My problem is that in any one day, I have many different things to do. I can't turn each of these into a goal, there are just too many.

What I need to do is to just get on and do them. I have tried Get Around To It, but again, it talks about specific goals and I feel at the moment that I am not specific enough.

Should I just stick with the slightly woolly goal and keep at it, or maybe pick out a couple of the larger tasks to work on and hope that the smaller ones follow along behind?

Regards

Helen

Hi Helen

Do you listen to side A or B of Get around to it?

I have never really had the need to listen to side B as I have found that by just listening to side A it allows me to acomplish the kind of thing that you are talking about. The reason why I like side A so much is because I dont have to have a particular goal in mind as it doesnt ask you to recite one at the beginning of the session. I have found that by just listening to it in a general way seems to result in me doing more in general without putting things off as much. As suggested by beachwalker I also visualise from time to time my positive outcomes, so maybe this helps also.

Another session that I find good for all round motivation or a specific goal is Peak Performance. Again side A just works for me without needing to listen to the 2nd side. When I do use specific goals, I think this also has a positive knock-on effect for any other goals that I may have also. Peak Performance is good for general motivation.

Maybe you could start small as suggested in the earlier reply. Before or during listening to a paraliminal perhaps just visualise together a few of the outomes and things that you want to acomplish in the day in a positive way and then see how you go. The next day you could move onto another small selection of goals you want to acomplish and so on and so forth.

Or..Perhaps listening to Get around to it - A without a goal, and also using Peak Performance with a goal, be it specific or a series of goals combined into a generalised goal ie. 'I always work efficiently and to my best on ...........project' could work for you? I hope so anyway

Pls let us know how you get on : )

Simon

In my personal experience, I've had some success with Get Around To It--but not enough to call it a complete success. The BEST paraliminal I've found--and this may be just my experience, yours may vary--is the Instantaneous Personal Maganetism CD. I use it for lots more than just the magnetism. The part where it tells you to think of a role model so to speak is the key: I use people who have the traits that would accomplish what I want to do. In the case of the "get it done" challenge, I used someone who's a real go-getter, a dynamo of energy. Progress was immediate and dramatic.

It's something you might consider.

Would you guys tell me what you think of this goal for Belief Side B

I'm a motoviated & enthuastiac person!
The new strengths that come from this...
work ethic, profitable business, helping protect
familes, building financial empires for familes
and indivuials. This will keep my mind, body &
soul clean & healthy, which in turn spills into
my living & working spaces. Now that I'm motivated
I'll follow every action that leads to my dreams
with enthusiam & courage!

All of the above apply to my business and "struggle", of doing the things that are in front of me at any given moment. I know what I want, even how to get there, it's just a matter of doing what needs to be done.

Is this specific enough or still to broad?

I have it written on a 3X5 card and its in the cd case so I look at it every time I'm ready to listen to the material.

May We All Live Our Destined Path
-Dan-

danielcgordan
At the moment I see nothing there that is measurable in some way
could you turn these into some measurable outcomes?

I dont want to put any of your goals down but how would you know that you had reached these goals? I struggle with this too, so many of my goals are hard to pin down on something concrete

the same regarding the multitasks HelenM, how to make it measurable in a simple vision that you had achieved a good multitasking performance keeps running through my thoughts? I dont know if this makes any sense but it crossed my mind about how you would feel and what you would say if you imagined a scene where you were rewarding yourself at the end of the day (with something you really liked) is it possible to make a mental picture or whatever of enjoying this reward for your good performance and praising yourself for your good performance (sincerely) in some way?

I really hope some of the more experienced people will comment on this as I struggle with this too

that suggestion to use Personnel magnetism and a good role model sounds very interesting, thanks for that Jeanne

Quote:

Thank you.

I understand what you are saying. My problem is that in any one day, I have many different things to do. I can't turn each of these into a goal, there are just too many.

Should I just stick with the slightly woolly goal and keep at it, or maybe pick out a couple of the larger tasks to work on and hope that the smaller ones follow along behind?

Regards

Helen

Helen, we all experience the same problem. Too much to do, not enough time. To answer your question, from experience, I have found that YES I can turn EVERYTHING into goals. Goals are tasks that have a start and an end - so why not.

Personally speaking, I found chunking (thanks Tony Robbins) helped me write down and achieve my goals for the day, week, month, year more efficiently and I went on from there. If I am unable to meet a goal then I don't sweat it - I do it when I get around to it. What this does is makes me realize how realistic I was in setting my goals in the first place.

I am a big procrastinator when it comes to physical exercise (fitness). I love it, don't get me wrong. I feel alive when I workout but I procrastinate all the time. So I chunk my fitness goals. Start a workout. Do 30 minutes in the a.m. and then do balance of it in the PM.

At work, I work on 1 thing at a time. If I am working on a case that I know will take me a week to go through, then I set goals and say I will do this much today, that much tomorrow and so on.

All that is required is for you to DECIDE what you are going to do and stick to it. If people disrupt your plans then you need to decide what is more important - their interference or your work. If it is a boss who is just dumping things on your desk then you just need to tell the person it will get done, just not today or this week.

Beachwalker, its not a put down at all. I appricate the insight. Thats why I posted the question. Not to justify rather to clarify. The "goal" here is to change me at my core, hence my beliefs. I agree its not a clear and established goal such as I'm gonna drop X amount of weight or quit smoking. What is it that the belief cd askes for? A clear goal or change in belief.
What does everyone think?

I dont have the belief parraliminal yet so cant comment there,

however no matter what goals you set in your mind before using it think about how you word it danielcgordan

look at the two clear goals you suggest as measurable examples? hardly goals or beliefs thAT YOU are worthy of enjoying excellent health.... yes sure both examples are getting closer to being more measurable but both are like saying, dont think about pink elephants, a recipe to get more of what you dont want

they certainly both conjure up negative images to me! like [deleted] I am smoking i must stop and ohhh no! I need to lose weight! Im fat!

why not state things in the positive of something you do want to be happening here and now? and that it is happening here and now

in a very recent (1 or 2 back?) message I think some people have described this very well

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved