Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#59856 05/07/07 08:25 PM
OP Offline

Hi everyone. I just started trying to learn the photoreading part of the system today. Some of the problems i'm having are: not being able to tell if my state of awareness is right with the tangerine effect and that and not being able to create a blip page. Also if there is only print on one side of the pages, how should i go about photofocusing then? Such as notebook binders, etc.

And I also wondered why the system would only reduce reading time to one third if it says a page a second. Given time to preview and activate.

Don't worry about the blip it is not essential you can still photoread without the blip just keep the 4 corners of the book in your view and notice the whiteness of the pages.

For a notebook keep the four corners of the notebook in your view. Depending on how large the notebook is if it is really large then stand while photoreading.

When you say a page a second that is photoreading a page a second that is not reading a page a second. You are exposing the text to the other than conscious mind a page a second not reading a page a second.

Photoread4me

perhaps rather than being "frustrated", try "excited"... if you think you are frustrated you are setting yourself for failure.

The way I thought of photoreading before I got my "whoa" moment, was that the process of extracting important information from the book, without the photoreading aspect, would significantly reduce the time to get the information required anyway. Having a purpose, previewing, super-reading and dipping are all very productive reading tools on their own.

So whatever I got from the photoreading aspect was a bonus...

OP Offline

Okay so the 1/3 reading time is rapid reading I guess? And the notebooks have type on only 1 side of the page but I still focus on the blank page's corners and the written page's?

Did you read the photoreading book? No rapid reading is not the in 1/3 the time. Rapid reading is the last resort after you have exhausted superreading and dipping and skittering. Rapid reading is the slowest. Superreading and dipping is the fastest, skittering is the next fastest and many photoreaders don't even use rapid reading because they have gotten everything they want from the book by purpose, mind-probing questions, superreading and dipping and skittering or a combination of superreading and dipping and skittering and mind-mapping.

Photoread4me

OP Offline

What I meant is 1/3 of my normal reading speed really isn't that fast. And I am still working through the tapes for photoreading. I haven't heard about superreading or skittering yet. I thought the fast process was the photoreading, where you go into photofocus and then just flip through the book and activate it later.

I've only come across 1 book so far (the one I'm currently photoreading) that I've genuinely felt like rapid reading and that is because it is so packed full of stuff that meets one of my "higher purposes" that I feel compelled to suck it dry of information.

However I have resisted the temptation and continue to use the other techniques until I've gotten everything I need for my smaller purpose, then I may rapid read it for fun.

All of the tools are faster than conventional reading however rapid reading is the slowest and most "conscious minded".

Last edited by matthat; 05/09/07 07:20 AM.

Hello.

I highly recommend you read the photoreading book first. You can get the gist of the book in just 25 minutes by reading the sections where Einstein is riding a bicycle. For just 30 additional minutes reading the sections where Einstein is jogging you can absorb the core concepts of the book. For an additional 45 to 90 minutes you can understand the skills completely by reading the sections where Einstein has a light bulb over his head.

The brain works best learning whole to parts. It is difficult to learn isolated facts of information but when you get the big picture or the whole picture first then learning becomes a lot easier and all the smaller parts come together. It is like working on a puzzle. It is a lot easier when you see the cover on the box of the puzzle first.

By reading the book first then when you continue to learn the course you now have a overview or foundation. You will reinforce what you learned in the book as you continue the course. I think it will make it a lot easier for you to learn the course by reading the photoreading book first.

Photoread4me

Hi thelawngnome

The point I would like to bring across is that PhotoReading is a whole mind system and it is effective only when you carry out all the steps. You can't expect the same benefit if you just choose the steps as per your whims and fancies. If you are just picking up steps, your experience can be described as the proverbial blind men's portrayal of elephant.

My advice is, since you have the luxury of the self-learning course, go through it and try all the steps/exercise in a non-judgmental way. This will allow you to make the most of the course as well as your investment.

God Bless You.

Kind regards
Vaibhav Sharma

OP Offline

I was just looking for help with the photofocus step as I did go through the system in order. And wondering if i should bring the blank page on the left of a notebook binder into focus with the printed page on the right. And just wondered why something like this would take 1/3 of my normal reading time, because 1/3 of my normal reading time would be a long time for something like what I've read about the system.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved