Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#59913 05/09/07 09:32 AM
OP Offline

I enlisted in the Marines, and I would like to photoread my books there so I can comprehend more from them, but my question is this--since I will be in hell for 13 weeks, is the relaxation method a MUST to photoread? I use to dabble in paganism, so I can relax myself quite easily, but I am not sure if I will be able to under the conditions I will be exposed to.

Any thoughts or advice is appreciated.

diablo69er #59914 05/10/07 06:00 AM

Hello.

Thank you for your service to our country.

In a ideal situation learning occurs best in a relaxed but alert state. Stress, fear, become a distraction and now you have this distraction that can interfere with learning. You can still learn to photoread even though the environment might be extremely stressful. It will make the task more difficult but the human mind is capable of tremendous things and you do not have to be in a completely stress free environment to learn photoreading or to photoread books in a stressful environment.

Photoread4me

photoread4me #59915 05/10/07 07:53 AM

Hi Diablo69er,

IMHO, yes relaxation is a must to PhotoRead. The reason behind this is that by relaxing you calm down your Conscious mind and let the subconscious mind take over. Otherwise you conscious mind will be constantly distracting you. As far as the method for relaxation goes, it will differ from individual to individual.

What I can suggest to you is that one fine day you try PhotoReading with the method suggested in the course. Then next day try PhotoReading with your method of relaxation. Then be your best judge and see what works better for you and use that method.

God Bless You.

Kind regards
Vaibhav Sharma

vaibhav #59916 05/12/07 07:16 AM
OP Offline

Thank so, I can say now, that I am a photoreader, and I am enjoying this way of reading far more than conventional reading. I have officially activated my 2nd book today . However I was wondering if it was normal to tend to take in the "entire" page similar to photofocus when I am super reading.

diablo69er #59917 05/16/07 06:34 PM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Quote:

Thank so, I can say now, that I am a photoreader, and I am enjoying this way of reading far more than conventional reading. I have officially activated my 2nd book today . However I was wondering if it was normal to tend to take in the "entire" page similar to photofocus when I am super reading.

Three deep breaths remember your purpose and affirmations. about 30 seconds to get relaxed and besides PhotoReading step itself is relaxing. The Accelerated Learning State entered so that you can say your affirmations and purpose for greatest impact. When you've done it for 5 to 10 books it will be as natural as deciding to read a book has always been.

No you don't use photofocus for superreading, you're letting yourself read consciously down the middle of the column of text. Your eyes will take you to where ever you need to start reading a couple of words, a sentence or maybe the paragraph. Find what you need and move on to the next question. That might mean you flip back over stuff you've already superread or jump to a different part of the book.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved