Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
matthat #59928 05/15/07 08:51 AM

I think mind mapping has a fun part in it. Returning children, feels like we are children again. That makes work easier. Not only. To put ourself in this "beginner-state" let our brain work entirely, both left and right part together.
Mind map can be done on pc too...
That allows to fix what is wrong and to update the same map, but...it's limitated, and the limits are the limits of the software.
In my opinion...hand made mind maps overcome pc made mind maps by speed, by complexity, by fantasy, inspiration. Everything. But it's a point of view that,. I admit, it's involved with my personality.

Mind map helps activation 'cause it's radiant thinking.
I think photoreading works this way too. We have trigger words, we have question, we find out something in the book that "wakes up" something else, and then we think to something else connected and so and so. This is radiant thinking.

Qi4Life #59929 05/15/07 10:00 AM

Quote:

btw: do i have to feel frustrated if i couldnt work out very well the dictionary and word recognition game?

I don't think I got the dictionary thing to work exactly either, but I know that a book I have photoread is much easier to post-process than one I haven't photoread. That's enough of a carrot for me. The book is in there, accessible.

I had some success with the dictionary game and yet i've had enormous success with PR since.

I've recently read a book on leadership (Alpha Leadership by Robert Dilts - great book by the way), which is filled with anecdotes to make the point.

I am finding that each time I dip in to an anecdote, my head is filled with images, sounds and even smells, and i only have to dip the first paragraph of the anecdote to "get" the theory that the anecdote supports.

That to me is what PR is all about, and yet I was left fairly unimpressed with the dictionary game, so keep going and notice what *is" working rather than what isn't... if you think PR doesn't work for you then guess what, it doesn't!

matthat #59931 05/15/07 06:11 PM

This makes all kinds of sense, Matt and I think I will try mind mapping more by hand to activate.

Quote:

Yes it's funny that I prefer to do hand-drawn mind maps particularly as I prefer to do everything else straight on to PC. However I find it easier to activate with a hand-drawn mind map, perhaps because I don't have to take my attention away from the book - I can have it in one hand whilst mind mapping with the other... somehow I feel that it's easier to "get inside" the content when mapping by hand.

blessings,

Steve
shakurav #59932 05/16/07 12:44 PM

Of course the other thing that PC mind maps don't do easily is images. That is, sometimes it's easier to represent something visually on a mind map than to write it in words, for example on a recent mind map i was trying to explain the importance of balance between stagnation and indecisiveness... instead I just drew some scales and put those words on either end, which is much easier for me to remember... doing this on a PC package means browsing through stock images, clipart or drawing it yourself - all for me detract from the activation at hand and perhaps filter out some of that "whole mind thinking" approach...?

Just my thoughts. There's a great example of how personal mind-maps can be on Alex's website:

http://www.photoreading.com.au/soa.html

matthat #59933 05/16/07 07:32 PM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

People please be considerate of the the thread starter... All that mind mapping talk should have been on a new thread. If you see and idea that grabs your interest start a new topic.

Qi4Life seem to have had his questions overlooked.

Photofocus is a soft gaze like looking at stereograms or 3D images .The one in the manual is probably the most difficult to recognise find some on the web and play with them instead. Meanwhile as you are learning just use the imaginary X-technique. Notice the four corners and the white of the page. Just a soft gaze.

The dictionary game is just a game. Let it go and keep going with the course the brain wants the real McCoy not just a novelty game.

Alex

Qi4Life Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you very much everybody

I think im starting to get it =)

Qi4Life #59935 05/21/07 03:57 AM

<<I have one question.... to be in photophocus the only thing i have to do is to not looking directly to the books pages/ looking without focus? >>

Hi Qi4Life,

I just started the home study PhotoReading course this week and in answer to your question, I would say to review page 46 of the PhotoReading book where it shows you the cocktail weenie effect/technique. If you can get that technique to work, you will be aware of your fingers but you won't be focused on them-your focus will be on some point just beyond your fingers. So, when you move to a book, you will be aware that there is text on the page but you won't be consciously noticing any exact words.

Does that help? Hope it makes sense.

Good luck!

Michael

Last edited by Walker22; 05/21/07 03:59 AM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved