Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#60014 05/15/07 01:45 PM
OP Offline

I'm a reader of the Photoreading Book,Italian version.
In this book is not mentioned the dictionary game.
Somebody can explain me in what does it consist?
If I want to make it on my own, how is it?
Thank you all!

It is just a kind of "foreshadowing" or "tease" from Paul Scheele at the beginning of the course (but could be used later, once one is familiar with PhotoReading also) to introduce the PhotoReading step itself BEFORE Paul has taught the entire method (with Prepare, Preview, PhotoRead, Activate etc).

You just get into the PhotoReading state, and PhotoRead any dictionary in just a 5 minutes (I think, it was 5 minutes) and then relax, think of a word, any word, that might be in the dictionary and then try it imagine or visualize where on the page that word might appear.

In other words, what position it appears: far left, far right, middle left, middle right (the dictionary I used had two clumns of text on each page), near the top, near the bottom or the middle.

If one could also see what number page it appears on that would be way beyond what I think most people can do, at least in this early stage, but correct me if I am wrong, somebody.

I got 3 out of 5 on my first try (albeit, this is my second try through the home study course. The first and last time was over two years ago and I don't remember how well I did when I tried this same game back then). And then Paul tells an anecdote about a manager with the 3M Corporation who got 5 out of 5! Paul asked him how he did it and the guy says something like "I just knew what letters I had read and then thought of a word that would be in a particular letter, say "G" and then could see where on the page that word was."

I tried this technique and got a very clear 2 out of 5.

It is a fun little game and it seems can be used a fun exercise to practice the PhotoReading step and sharpen skills.

The key, as in so much of PhotoReading (and I think Paul's whole approach to learning in general) is to have fun with it.

Hope that helps.

blessings,

Steve
shakurav #60016 05/16/07 08:07 AM
OP Offline

Thanks a lot!
I'll try!

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved