Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
bren Offline OP
OP Offline

Greetings!

I seem to have some massive internal resistance when it comes to taking the action I need to take in order to reach my goals. I purchased the Ultimate You Library and the Accelerator to help lessen this internal resistance, specifically regarding taking action to reach my ideal body weight. But I've noticed that the situation seems to extend to taking action in general. For example, I purchased the Photoreading book and SFQ level 1 course in 2001 (why it says I've been a member since 2001) but have yet to put either skill into consistent practice, even though I have always had a VERY strong desire to. My emotional state just seems to sabotage me. If I don't "feel" like doing something, I just don't do it, despite the fact that I know such an action might be required for me to reach a strongly desired goal.

I'm on the third stage of the accelerator but I still feel the same amount of resistance to changing my diet and to consistent exercise. I'm curious if I might be missing something, some catalyst that makes this work. I'm afraid to change my diet again because when I do, it seems to upset my life so much that I finally give up in desperation. I'm pretty well educated in nutrition and exercise, so I know it doesn't have to do with an unbalanced diet or exercise plan. This happens whenever I seem to impose ANY limits on myself. My emotions just go crazy and you couldn't get me to the gym by dragging me there with a semi truck! When I'm eating a structured eating plan I get severely despondent. My goals eventually cease being worth such seemingly everlasting emotional pain and then I discontinue in attempts to find something that will help me the next time. This has essentially been my life for six years.

I'm curious if making changes and taking action (at least at first) is really supposed to be this difficult and if I should be forcing myself to take the action I know I need to take. Should I FORCE myself to do Qigong and to practice Photoreading and to go to the gym and to eat a proper healthy diet (and do all the other things I know I need to do, but do not do)? Do I just need to learn how to soothe my crippling and exhausting emotional reaction to this force until it becomes less difficult? I always thought this was ineffective due to the emotional state it caused within me, but some people seem to think that you need to force yourself to do things you need to do, to take action despite your emotional state (self-discipline). I was hoping to use paraliminals to help reduce my internal resistance so taking action in these areas wouldn't be so painful and life disrupting, but now I'm starting to doubt that there is a "path of lesser resistance"! I'm starting to wonder if I just need to grit my teeth through it in hopes that I survive it and start to feel better without destroying my life in the process! After spending six years of exhaustive fighting and suffering for each pound of weight loss, and after feeling such a burning desire to reach certain goals yet being seemingly and forever stuck where I am, I'm hoping there is a better way. Any thoughts on this will be greatly appreciated.

Brendon

A different way of looking at proper weight management is to change the thought that you are "losing weight". Subconsciously, whenever we "lose" something, there is an underlying urge to "find" it.

Start small - I get the sense that you are looking at this as a massive chore. Using the paraliminals, allow yourself to gradually move into the changed eating patterns, stop guilting yourself when you give in to eat something on the so-called forbidden list, and begin doing some small amount of extra movement during the day, As you move (maybe just dancing around for five minutes to some upbeat music you enjoy), begin to appreciate your body and how it feels to move in a carefree manner. Take regular "movement" breaks during the day, five or ten minutes at a time where you shift your attention to just moving.

What this does is get the body prepared for more regular exercise - and do the same thing - move into that gradually - walk for five minutes, extend it to ten minutes after a few days, and gradually move up to the half hour. Then add other exercises - start building muscle. Muscle actually weighs more than fat, so don't necessarily think that because the scales are staying the same, that you're not making changes once you've begun to exercise more. The other thing to keep in mind is that we lose muscle faster, because metabolically it is more available than the fat on our bodies - so it is very important to incorporate some weight bearing exercise to establish more muslce - replacing the fat.

Reward yourself often - the inner child is much more cooperative when it's getting stroked than when it's feeling unappreciated.

Cheers!
Unis

bren Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Unis! After a good night's rest, I realized this morning that there HAVE been gradual changes. I think part of it for me is to begin noticing the gradual changes. Some days I feel discouraged because I have had a tendency to go to the extremes in diet and exercise. I tend to drastically shift to eating that vastly differs than how I eat now. This is also true with exercise. Either I'm working out 7 days a week or 1 if that! So I think you're right that I have to gradually move into new patterns. I think part of me became impatient yesterday and discouraged, because that part wasn't being satisfied with immediate measurable results! "I SHOULD be working out every day! I SHOULD be on an eating plan! Nothing is happening!" Even though I know small internal changes are happening!

Brendon

I was wondering if you had any advice on the rest of the question, taking action in all other aeras of life? Like Brendon I have what feels like that same inernal restiance. Any worthwhile goal or outcome I have a hard time taking action towards. No matter how bad I desire what that action brings! One thing that he metioned was gritting his teeth and just doing it. When I'm in that circumstance I tend to immobilize.

On another thread, someone mentions believing consciously and wanting to on a subconscious level...I feel like that is the case with me on most levels.

Dan

Learning Strategies Admin

Focus on one thing. The rest will follow. And Don't should on yourself, it's unproductive. If you find yourself saying should and yet are resisting doing something it's time to have a look at the benefits you get from not doing it and then find a way to transfer it to your ideal.

For example losing weight, I should exercise, that makes one sweaty,one need a shower, it conflicts with the time one need to do something else
Controlling a diet, one has to watch what they eat. - extra work, foods that one enjoy are forbidden, It seems like a never ending burden.

Just know when you say I "should" but don't there is a much stronger motivator in action so work out what the pay off for not doing it is.

Alex

I've heard that in the past..."keep the dream in front of you". One thing that I've been doing is using Belief and Prosperity with my end goal in mind. Is that a good start? Any more advice?

What is the "Accelerator"? I've recently purchased the Natural Brilliance CD course and in the back there is a paragraph for a "Paraliminal Accelerator" but I can't find this product in the LSC website. Thanks.

In my past I also would fight thru a lot of resistance to accomplish task. Then one day at a used book store. A book called the Sadona Method caught my attention. I did the book and learned how to release. And those so called resistance to do unpleasant task shrank and I did the task. You can find that same book in the product tab (recomended reading section) And I believe that the Euphoria program will help you. The Euphoria course has a section from Hale Dwoskin using the Sadona Method. I have not yet did the Euphoria course but you can phone support and ask if this course will benifit you.

bren Offline OP
OP Offline

It's funny you should mention that because I've had that book for a while now. It never clicked with me before, too wordy, but I didn't listen to an intro from Hale once and did a release (I was feeling really quite nasty at that time) and I seriously did shift to the point where I burst out laughing (now I remember that event quite clearly)! It's on my "B" reading list but I think I'm going to move it to my "A" list and start practicing releasing. There seems to be something here with that. It would be nice to release dread type feelings that hold me back. Thanks for pointing that out!

Quote:

What is the "Accelerator"? I've recently purchased the Natural Brilliance CD course and in the back there is a paragraph for a "Paraliminal Accelerator" but I can't find this product in the LSC website. Thanks.

The website isn't up yet for the Accelerator. It will be made live on the website soon. The Accelerator has been offered to people on the mailing list. (The advantage of being on the mailing list the products are first announced there)

Alex

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved