Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#60449 06/06/07 05:56 PM
OP Offline

can anybody give me a "program" of photoreading that could possibly help me increase my vocabulary? should I just photoread vocab books? I just want some book suggestions and other things........I'm sure I'm not the first person to ask this.

another question, my purpose would be: "to increase my vocabulary as I read this book." would that be a good purpose?

thanks in advance,
C

C,

What is your ultimate application from photoreading the books on vocabularly? That would perhaps clarify your purpose. Is it to know more words? There meanings? Better spelling?

Then again for words, you want to use them to remember them. How are you going to remember them? Memory System?

Is it your native language or are you wanting to learn a foreign language?

Why not just photoread the dictionary..., then read books that interest you and have a dictionary to hand. Look up words you don't understand, note them, mind map them. Make a decision to use and remember them. Or do crosswords, you don't have to do a huge crossword, just from a tabloid paper will do. When reading clues, which words come to mind.

To aid vocabulary learning. Look up Buzan's Book on memory, think it is something like master your memory and learn the prefixes, suffixes and roots. That will quickly an easily expand your vocabulary.

Happy Travels

A

Last edited by Alex K. Viefhaus; 06/18/07 04:09 PM.
OP Offline

i got Buzan's book use your perfect memory. i've been trying out a couple of the beginner techniques for the past couple of days, things like memorizing things in numerical order...........it works alot better than my normal memory. hopefully the success I'm seeing now will continue to increase and carry over to vocab improvement. thanks for the good book suggestion. i've already used several words today that I've never used before, it kinda stunned me when I did too.

The thing is, I understand many more words than I can skillfully use in my normal speech. the trick is just to unlock the mental boundaries there.

i'm trying hard and can i say that this site has been a great aid for me in learning PR.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved