Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#60452 06/06/07 06:00 PM
OP Offline

hey guys. I read the photoreading book, and that's how I learned. I remember the four stages that photoreaders go through and i'm pretty sure I'm at the third step of conscious competence (I know what to do). the problem is I'm not getting much from my activation........i read the entire thread on activation, but I'm wondering how I could progress from conscious competence to unconscious competence (doing things without having to think about them).

any suggestions?

thanks,
C

weatherman #60453 06/18/07 03:47 PM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Doing activation as best you can in multiple layers until each book Gels. The more time you spend on activating a book with superreading and dipping in the beginning the less time you have to spend on activating each book.

Like learning a new bike or skateboard trick. You execute it once correctly then you have a whole stack of goes where it doesn't seem to work. So you just keep doing it as best you can until it feels natural.

So spend about 1/3rd the time you usually do on the book using the manual activation techniques (avoid Rapid Reading until you've done 2 to 3 hours using the other techniques and Rapid reading will be redundant.) So if you do 20 minute activation passes... do 4 to 6 of them on a 200 page book before giving up. The book doesn't fully gel until the last pass or like finding your glasses... in the last place you looked. It's a similar experience, You keep looking until you got it.

Once you get the knack of it you'll find it goes faster and fewer layers are required because you've built a body mind connection.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved