Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I have 2 goals this year that have been ever so challenging to complete.

Every new year’s eve, I make a bunch of goals. This year I made 7 serious short term ones – out of which
• home based business – successfully completed
• weight loss - on target
• charitable donations – on target
• eliminate self destructing behaviour - work in progress but successful thus far
• Life partner - challenge!!! Am just not getting there, don’t know why!
• Big money – challenge!!
• Educational – on target

So – I was looking for someone to work with, to achieve the 2 challenging goals. Money right now is not so much an issue – as LOA is working for me – but still, I would like to see BIG MONEY so I can become a home owner (mortgage free!).

Love is also eluding me. I know I am doing something wrong, not vibrating the what I want and focusing too much on what I don’t want – so I need help to work with someone – who has the same interest.

Some people have weight loss and workout buddies so I thought maybe I could try the buddy system with the two goals.

Apart from LOA, I am using following paraliminals, not all on the same day but make a point of listening 2 a day (one sometime during the day at work and one at night just before hitting the bed) Belief paraliminals, NHG and IPM.

I just need help drawing a ‘plan’. I don’t like to fish for men on eHarmony type websites and I certainly don’t like going to bars just for that purpose. As for big money – well, I have done all that I can (with home business) and now I am really looking to hit it big and not work 8 hours a day. I need to be financially independent so I can work when I want, where I want, if I want. They say dream big – so I am!

Interested? PM me please.

I promised myself I will get married this year - so help me make it happen!

Not volunteering, but just wanted to say I think this is a great idea, D2C! I've heard of others getting together to help one another manifest, and it does seem to work. I hope you'll let us know of your results once you've manifested these goals.

Learning Strategies Admin

I have a suggestion about your life partner issue.

Get relaxed and list all the benefits and reason you can think of that life is better without a partner.

There could also be the underlying... is this realistic, what if getting married means I need to move or give up the business, what if it takes me away from building the business. Is there enough tine to know I'm choosing the right partner?

See if you can uncover and list all the reasons why not getting married this year might be a better option. I'm suggesting it so you can address those reasons consciously. As you know the emotions and underlying non-conscious thoughts and beliefs may be the reason you haven't met that someone.

Alex

OP Offline

Quote:

Get relaxed and list all the benefits and reason you can think of that life is better without a partner.

There could also be the underlying... is this realistic, what if getting married means I need to move or give up the business, what if it takes me away from building the business. Is there enough tine to know I'm choosing the right partner?

Hi Alex,

I believe you are right! The pros of being alone out-weight the cons. Honestly, I have been thinking of this for the past 13 years (that's how long I have been wishing for a perfect match). I have been through casual relationship and long distance friendships. But I have, try as I may, not been able to strike that, that I loathed about my married life (of 8 years).

I hated doing what "he" wanted. I hated eating what he wanted. I hated not being able to just pick up and go. I hated not being able to do what I wanted to do, when I wanted to do. It was all about him. My life revolved around him.

After 13 years, I am still in that mode (remembering the loathing!). Today, I love my independence too much. Too much!! Did I mention that I enjoy my independence ever so much? Too much! Yes, too much!

I am not surprised that I am single. I just wanted to change that. Life is great when one is having fun, but it's doubly fun when you are sharing it with someone great. {okay, I am trying very hard to convince myself that I am right thinking it will be fun sharing it with someone great!}.

Out of maybe ... 168 hours, I am lonely perhaps 3 hours a week. And usually when there is nothing exciting on TV or the LS forum! LOL!!! See how pathetic I am?

Part of me tells me that I want the perfect match for all the wrong reasons!
Deep inside me, I know I am not capable of being self less again. My first marriage drained me of all the good juice a human being can offer, as a person, a spouse, a friend and a lover. I know that I just don't want to work that hard any more - to make something work.

Most of all, I know there are no guarantees, and that is why my "nah" lever, which has left me single raises itself so high that my heart just can't bear to even consider another marriage or even a serious relationship.

Then, I think - well, that means my ex wins! He has damaged me so much that I am not even willing to give it a chance again? How pathetic. And on goes the chatter....

I know I am where I want to be. Yet, the three hours where I am lonely thinking "now what?" - allowing the chatter to drag me to dumps - makes me wanna find someone permanent. Why?

Sometimes just to shut myself up. Sometimes just to show others that my ex did not crush my heart to no repair. But most of the time because I am getting older. If I was a guy, I wouldn't have cared - but I am not a man.

There aren't that many "Ashton Kutcher's" around! Sure, there are younger men who enjoy older women's company but how many of them are "Ashton Kutcher?". Handsome, smart, successful, funny, great heart, HARD WORKING and well ... loving and enjoying every moment with the 'ready made family!".

So yah ... it would be nice to have someone great in my life ...

Last edited by decision2change; 06/22/07 12:56 AM.

Hi D2C,

I pm'd you. Maybe we can chat together and see where it leads. I'm needing help getting direction as usual... hehe. Think it.. Presently I am listening to Natural Brilliance. Plan on staying with that for another week. Then I might move on to Prosperity. Also I am listening to Ideal Weight again. It helped me before but then I thought I didn't need it and on came some of the pounds I lost. Would like to lose at least 50 - 60 pounds.

I am relating to a lot of what you are saying tho...

cheerio~* scooter

Now that you've identified what it is that you don't want to lose when you go into a relationship there is no reason not to have one that fits your desires and perhaps decide what areas are open to compromise. Like getting up and going when you want to go somewhere. If you want a relationship to be there then perhaps having a partner who's willing to let you have time for yourself or join you with sudden urges would be the ideal for your relationship.

You've found why non-consciously you've been stopping yourself from having a relationship like one you experienced in the past. That doesn't mean you cannot have a different relationship with someone else does it? Now you can go into a relationship with a clear idea of what you truly want and it may be a partnership without marriage for a while. Especially if that part of you still wants a relationship.

Alex

OP Offline

Hiya Scooter!

I hope I have not scared you with my ACTION PLAN! LOL!!
Anyway, I just emailed you the questionnaire - let me know when you are ready to discuss it.

I am plugging away.... hopefully we will catch up with each other in the 2 areas that we need to work on ... together.

D2C,

I think you are a little more ahead of me in pursuing your goals. I'm not sure if I am ready to proceed at the pace you are at. So I will have to go at my pace.

What are the two areas that we need to work on together?

scooter~?

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved