Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#60509 06/12/07 09:15 PM
OP Offline

Hello. It has been almost two months of weekly phone healings with master Lin.I thought I would find some happy stories from the forum group about positive experiences with these calls.C,mon , there must be at least one " success story".I was asked recently if I had yet to part ways with the money for the courses,phone healings etc. I said that all of the great stories come from people who have been with Master Lin including all the stories on the Born a healer website and now the New York Times article of course was from someone who got to see Master Lin.I cannot recall stories of people who bought the course only and subsequently had any worthwhile testimonies from doing this on there own, course only.Now there are 2 new paraliminals to help with the reasons for lack of success with those who can,t get it for some reason or another.Comments?

Hi Strategist,
-If you are asking if the home study courses are effective, or any good, on their own, the answer is yes. I know that, because I know qigong. Your questions tell me that you might not have experience with qigong, or know what you are questioning. Do you know what the content of the home study courses are? Do you know what qigong exercise is? Anything about Traditional Chinese Medicine(TCM)? Five element theory? These are in the content of the home study course. Working with a master's energy or merging with the universe,,,,spiritual and universal qi? Whether or not people report in about their qigong healing experiences , is not a measure of the effectiveness , or more to the point, the authenticity of the qigong technique and method imparted through the home study courses.
I can't address the paraliminal offerings. I suspect that programs arise, as there is a need, or request. I was blessed with will power. I have noticed in my own wanderings with people enaged with qigong, that many don't have the will power to exercise daily. In a traditional setting, these people could have been disregarded or passed over by the master,,,,or perhaps thrown out over the temple wall! Reminds me of our school system. My daughter teaches kids with learning disabilities. A rapidly growing area in education. The system used to fail these students. Now, they have special programs and technique for them, to help them engage with the material. I trust these paraliminals are sort of like that. Some extra help for people who require it.
love,
gallen
ps I engage with SFQ as a healthy person.

gallen #60511 06/14/07 01:54 AM

Strategist, I didn't expect a wave of posts about healings from the call-in group healings. There aren't that many posts going on in this forum. I would also expect that only a small percentage of those who post would participate in the call-in.

Of those that post, and have serious issues I hope that they've taken other more direct action before the group call-in sessions came along. So I suspect that most of the group call-in participants are mostly curious, and interested in an additional connection with Master Lin's energy. They've probably had pleasant experiences of energy movement, or blockages opening. In fact I recall someone posting after the very first session.

As for the home study course. I don't live in minneapolis or even the U.S. I've used both of the home study courses, and this forum, and I think I've done quite well with SFQ.

After working with the home study courses I did attend a level III retreat. In fact, I've registered for the level IV retreat this August. I don't feel I'm a level 4 Spring Forest Qigonger, but I feel that attending the retreat is one of the best things for me, at this time. I suspect I will even attend these retreats again in the future.

I didn't follow SFQ to heal any physical issues, but what I have gained has been invaluable to me.

You are perfection.
Iam2

Iam2 #60512 06/14/07 09:39 AM

Hi Strategist

I started with reiki in 1998 and have been with sfq qigong about 3 years.
With both I have had a few good results 3 maybe 4, phone healing with chunyi , seven healings, seems I felt something but in all truth result dubious, people that I have done healing on is not very many but have found the female has always felt various sensations, us males seem very insensitive accept for one who felt it very strongly, but in general did not appear to really help. I am totally convinced of the flowing of the energies But not of the desired outcome, ref gallen the will power to exercise daily, I do agree but we are not all engaged as a healthy person and have many reasons for dropping out. .In conversation I could waffle on for hours as the subject for me is fascinating .[the very best to all] Gordon13
Ps.re testimonies from doing this on there own, sorry to say i have no story
to give confidence, but would say have allways had good feeling toward sfq qigong

gordon13 #60513 06/14/07 05:57 PM

I have suffered from migraines for quite some time. Most easily triggered by lack of sleep or bad sleep patterns (I also have been diagnosed with sleep apnea, which is a player here as well).

I have been practicing SFQ for a little over a year now and I get considerable benefit from that practice. I have studied and practiced other forms of qigong over a 25 year period. I have found SFQ to be a logical progession from what I had already studied and the most complete self-contained and easy to learn system I have studied.

I did a phone healing very early on in my learning SFQ some time last year (or it might have been late 2005) and felt a boost in my healing right away. I also found that when I practice regularly, I have much better health then when I don't.

Having said all that, I also began learning from a local qigong teacher late last year. She appeared in my life through a series of unusual coincidences and I kind of focused on the forms I learned from her, and did less SFQ.

It helped me, but not as much as SFQ.

In any case, I did 4 phone healing sessions last month. I prepared myself a bit by doing more SFQ for the few days before (and have been doing it again more regularly ever since that first May phone healing), as well as by getting into a juice fast and raw veggie diet.

After two phone healings, I have had no migraines and even when I have the "pre-migraine" condition, I am easily able to "meditate it away", by doing either Small Universe, Self-Concentration (the two incredibly simple sitting meditations included in SFQ Level 1), or just a few minutes of simple sitting, with no special technique.

This stuff works, but it is not pure passive healing. There needs to be some engagement.

A big part of the qigong philosophy (and Chunyi Lin speaks about this in his book and in the course), is that while Western Medicine is very effective for many things (just for one example, in terms of crisis medicine, e.g. things like massive trauma, broken bones, heart attacks and many more such emergencies, our Western medicine is unsurpassed and it is where I would go in almost every case I can think of!), the problem with it in terms of healing for many people, is that we depend so much on a pill, a procedure, whatever, that we do not access our own natural healing ability, both in terms of prevention and in terms of healing for non-traumatic conditions. Even with medicine, by using our natural healing abilities, we can often speed up the process that the medicine or surgery is allowing us to participate in.

So here: I have given you a testimonial. And I appreciate the opportunity. But the problem with such questions (and this in no way implies anything bad about it. On the contrary, I am glad you asked! ), is that you can really only get the full benefit from any response by investing some of your energy into the process (and a question is a good beginning, but it takes a bit more than that to experience healing or spiritual development).

As my previous qigong teacher, K.C. Mao always likes to say, "It's all about energy!" Once one really starts to realize what this means, the rest becomes easy. And almost any regular investment of energy in the healing process will likely bare some good fruit.

For me, I tend to always come back to Chunyi Lin and SFQ as the best conduit for me. I am actually wrestling with inner conflicts between practicing SFQ and my current teacher's forms. But that is another story and another thread altogether.

blessings,

Steve
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Check out the "Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and SFQ" thread. Members on this Forum tend to come out of the woodwork to share their stories and show support for others, rather than in response to something where they feel they need to prove it to someone.

Much Love,

Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved