Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
ernest Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi,

My understanding is that through Direct Learning, one can improve skills and behaviors in various aspect. Does it work for skills/ behavior that was unknown to one before? For example, if I don't know how to play a musical instructment consciously, will I be able to play something through direct learning? And if so, how long will it take or should I ask how many books should I PR?

Other than muscial instructment, sports game, management skills, is there any other profound examples? If I direct learn investment skills, do you think same results will come out?

Thanks.

I'm new here ,but been ghost reading posts for a few weeks now.(Mind my english if I make any mistakes)
For me I wanna to be better the board game "Go" so I photoread books on go(At this time I didn't really take it all that seriously)

some examples

Appreciating Famous Games by Shuzo Ohira
Basic Techniques of Go - By Haruyama Isamu and Nagahara Yoshiaki
Enclosure Josekis - Attacking and Defending the Corners - By Masaki Takemiya

and so I started playing and I lost my first ever Go game..I felt like this doesn't work and left it... a week later after playing Go (with no knowledge on the rule) about 4 times I started winning with all these random moves and I kept asking my self let me access all the knowledge I got from Go books and
boom..If that is not direct learning/unconsciously playing then what it...I beat all the computers and am winning with a close to 80% rate(I learned the rules now)...

P.S Remeber this is my first post and I hope you find this good.

Last edited by Blankname1; 07/07/07 04:45 PM.
ernest Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for the sharing, Blankname1. Really appreciate it and I understand your message fully.
I was listening to Genius Code yesterday, and just realized that there is a full section on Direct Learning where Paul has detailed every single step. I shall practise this with Golf skills first and see what really happens. Will let you know.
Thanks again.

Quote:

Thanks for the sharing, Blankname1. Really appreciate it and I understand your message fully.
I was listening to Genius Code yesterday, and just realized that there is a full section on Direct Learning where Paul has detailed every single step. I shall practise this with Golf skills first and see what really happens. Will let you know.
Thanks again.

Your Welcome!!

Direct Learning works best with instructional, step by step books. You then need to follow the photoreading with visualisation of you utilising those skills, and what you will see, hear and feel as a person with those skills. This is necessary for your unconscious mind to understand the context within which the learning from the book is to be applied.

Paul suggests that such books are best left unactivated as the conscious mind can interfere with the unconscious interpretation.

does it have to be how to books only?

Paul Scheele's books suggest so, yes, practical how-to guides rather than theoretical or abstract texts.

Quote:

Paul Scheele's books suggest so, yes, practical how-to guides rather than theoretical or abstract texts.

Does this include "how to"-books that teach you mainly through illustrations?
I borrowed a few "how to"-books about drawing recently and as you can imagine there are lots of illustrations that show you step-by-step how to draw a person and only a few comments why it is important to follow the steps.

I guess we will have to wait for Alex to answer the thread for the definitive answer and in the meantime my answer would be yes.

After all words are just pictorial representations of things, and your unconscious mind is clever enough to understand them, so images should be a breeze!

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Even how to books that teach through illustration. Golf books often do and we had number of people reporting success with goal. Chess and Backgammon also include illustrations and they have also proven successful.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved