Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

hey everyone,

I've been learning violin for sometime now and I wanted some help towards learning the concepts, theory and such even quicker. So far I've been thinking about using personal genius paraliminal, new behavior generator, borrowed genius effect from genius code and the Suzuki Method. Can anyone give me some further suggestions that could help me improve in the violin? Has anyone used the new behavior generator towards learning a musical instrument? I have a couple of issue, like I don't play the full length value of the notes sometimes so is it possible to use the new behavior paraliminal to simply change this behavior? If so then how should I state my purpose?
I would appreciate any suggestions! Thanks!

I ,too, am learning violin so i would love some feedback on this. I will give my input, but this isn't from experience mind you.

In my opinion I believe New Behavior Generator would be the one i would use. Personal Genius could give you the attitude and self-confidence that is great, too, though. So I think you on the right track.

P.S. I'll try new behavior generator on an instrument soon, but it probably won't be violin, but instead piano, if that helps.

OP Offline

hey paint,

I've been thinking about new behavior generator. For example if I'm having problems giving the full value length of the D string for quarter notes, I could use new behavior generator to imprint the behavior and practice a couple of exercises that focus on proper note lengths. I guess i could add in personal genius every so often when I need the extra boost in confidence. What do you think?

I think using new behavior generator would work. I'm assuming your studying classical violin, too, although this doesn't really matter. Also something that can greatly help you playing of any instrument or really any task is to work on it mentally. You could set aside 10 minutes day before you go to bed or really whenever you can, to just go through the motions of a song all in your mind's eye. This will greatly help any activity you need to work on.

By the way i should mention that i am no great violinist, the advice I am giving you is based on my experience with accelerated learning and paraliminals. I have ,however, used that mental practice technique for piano.

Last edited by paint; 07/13/07 02:55 PM.
OP Offline

hey paint,

Yeah I've used the visualization to solve many of my problems. I think the best way to use new behavior generator in regards to the violin is by the following:

I would make a list of problems that need to be fixed, try to put them into order as one can help the other. Once you have your problem try to write a small sentence or two describing the problem and solution. The paraliminal should probably be listened to before you begin practicing the violin I suppose. We should both incorporate the visualization technique to see ourself playing the violin properly. I believe that if you continue to do this then the behavior will become permanent.

What do you think paint?

P.S. I'm not a skilled violinist either, although I hope someday I will become one. Everything that was just written was just my opinion.

Yeah that sounds good. The only thing i might change is that i believe it would be best to either sleep after practicing violin or after listening to the paraliminal. That will help make it permanent.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Have either of you used Win Wenger's technique?

Play the instrument for 30 minutes and record that, Listen to that recording do not involve yourself in any other activity. Then listen to the recording again while doing something else.

Keep your recordings.

Do those three steps for the next 10 days and then have a listen of your first session again.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved