Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hey,

I was wondering, how specific should the purpose be? I mean if it was too specific, it would waste the benefit of the PhotoReading. I.e, if my purpose is to read that recipes book to find the Italian spaghetti recipe to make a delicious meal for my guests, why wouldn't I just open the index, spot the desired recipe, and read it normally? This was just an example, you can just extend it to any category of books with the same specificity.

Thank you

The more specific the question, the more effective your time is spent. Your example is a little simplistic to illustrate that.

For example in a recent book, my purpose during one activation session was "what are the key qualities of a good leader?"

I got that out in a single hour session.

The next time I activated the book, I had thought about my previous activation and had the new purpose "what suggestions does this book have to develop leadership potential?"

In both cases the answer was obtained from mutiple sections of the book, and each activation took me to different sections, although some times I was activating the same page with a different purpose.

Hope that helps. Of course my way is not THE way, it is just A way.

Matt

Last edited by Alex K. Viefhaus; 07/25/07 03:18 PM.
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

A purpose is a statement that describes the path you have chosen to take to reach a specific goal which may be a sub goal of a more major goal

I am PhotoReading this book to learn about.... so that I can

This book not another book but this particular book I have chosen to teach me about this subject [purpose] .... so that I can [goal or sub goal]

If you know what you specifically want from a book and know exactly where it is in the book then yep you go straight for it. However most people don't know that a book had that particular recipe until they've done some exploring of the book and most books are easier to explore by PhotoReading first.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved