Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#60902 07/12/07 03:00 PM
sam988 Offline OP
OP Offline

I tried the whole PR proccess in a book about a subject i have little to no knowledge of.

You guys say one of the main points in PR proccess is stating a goal for what you want out of the book. Well i want everything! How am i going to state goals about getting to know certain topics if i dont know which topics will be covered in the damn book?!

And you say "make certain questions about the book and about what you want to know". WELL I WOULD HAVE TO MAKE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE ENTIRE BOOK THEN. Not only certain topics, because i want to have a good understanding about ALL that its inside the book!

So i would have to "super read" and dip into everything, so, read all the book, then it would take as much time as i normally take to read a normal book lol.

So i dont understand all of this, i made a whole PR proccess with a book and only got a bit of information after doing all of the steps, like previewing, then PRing and waiting OVERNIGHT (so it couldnt be that it didnt have enough time to incubate), and activating by super reading and dipping. I also did all the "enter accelerative learning state" thing the right way, and had the goal to "get the most out of the book and improve my knowledge about it" (what else could i have stated as goal when i dont know what to come and when i want all whats inside the book and not just some parts of it?).

I didnt even bother to do the mind map because i had so little knowledge of the book after all the steps, as much as i would have if i just skimmed through a book.

So what am i missing about the PR whole proccess?

sam988 #60903 07/13/07 02:51 AM
sam988 Offline OP
OP Offline

You guys know which part of the PR whole mind proccess i like the most? Rapid Reading, the last part of it, since its there when i actually can get all the information i need, lol, it only takes 2 hours...

This deluxe course got me completely disappointed so far (their wonderful marketing hype got me dreaming), i'm considering sending it back. The Photo Reading doesnt seem to be working, after all the normal steps of it (this is the 3rd book i did the whole PR proccess), i have very few information about the book, as much as if i had just skimmed through it. Only when i do the last step, which is rapid reading, i get results, then i can FINALLY get the feeling that i know enough about the book (this step takes about 2.5 hours), as if i had read it the "old fashioned way" (which seems to still be better than PR so far). So in the end, i lose as much time on PR proccess than i would lose on just reading it normally.

I gotta love this forum, such high traffic of ppl ...

Anyways, if there is any soul on this desert wasteland, i would still like to know what am i missing on PR proccess, i'm putting a lot of time and effort into it, so i really want this to work out, but so far havent been getting many results, and i havent had ANY clue yet that the Photo Focus actually works.

Last edited by sam988; 07/13/07 02:53 AM.
sam988 #60904 07/13/07 03:24 AM

So let me get this straight...

You complaining that someone else got through a book at 2.5 hours? That isn't that long for some books so you don't know whether thats a long time.

You problem is that your not layering your activation. You need to pace your self. Your purpose can never be I want to get all the information in the book. You need to get trigger words and actively super read and dip. Rapid reading is optional and i know i can speak for myself when i say it is rarely needed. Try starting a mind map as early as you can and build it.
sorry if i forgot anything.

P.S. I know how you feel bout not getting replies quickly...

paint #60905 07/13/07 07:35 AM

Sam,

Having read your numerous comments on the various posts, I've gotta say this:

You're right.

I just don't think that Photoreading is for you. It seems to me that your need for answers for unconscious processes is just going to get in your way and no amount of forum posts are going to satisfy you.

You've asked lots of questions that, to be honest, I don't really feel like answering for you specifically because I think that they are already covered on the forum.

I had many of your doubts, as indeed did others that I know, and when we overcame those doubts we began to see the results that I now get everyday, and it's a great place to be. I accept that not everyone can abandon their traditional ways of thinking and succeed with something like photoreading. Indeed I put my course away twice, despondant, before it finally clicked for me and I started getting wow moments.

So perhaps you should send your Deluxe Course back for a refund and look for a method such as conventional speed reading.

Or put it on the shelf and go read some books about the unconscious mind that would help you understand what is going on that supports photoreading.

And regarding your comments about the speed answers on the forum, please bear in mind that apart from Alex who works with Learning Strat, everyone else is here voluntarily to talk about PR and help others along.

Hmmm I don't like being so negative, yet I can't see how I can really help further. Sorry.

Matt

Last edited by Alex K. Viefhaus; 07/25/07 05:19 PM.
matthat #60906 07/13/07 04:53 PM
sam988 Offline OP
OP Offline

Oh matthat congrats, you got my learning style; goes something like this: I try to learn (PR a few books), if it doesnt work i get frustrated/pissed and decide to make some posts complaining about it so i feel better, after some time when im more calm i go back to the material and try to learn it once again, and this proccess will continue until i learn it -and i will eventually, im not the quitter type, even though i might appear like one with these posts-, so today and tomorrow i'll do the PR proccess in 4 books, using 4 slightly different PR strategies to see if it makes any difference.

paint #60907 07/13/07 04:57 PM
sam988 Offline OP
OP Offline

Quote:

So let me get this straight...

You complaining that someone else got through a book at 2.5 hours? That isn't that long for some books so you don't know whether thats a long time.

You problem is that your not layering your activation. You need to pace your self. Your purpose can never be I want to get all the information in the book. You need to get trigger words and actively super read and dip. Rapid reading is optional and i know i can speak for myself when i say it is rarely needed. Try starting a mind map as early as you can and build it.
sorry if i forgot anything.

P.S. I know how you feel bout not getting replies quickly...

The thing here is that i want to learn more than just "a few parts" of the book. I feel like i'm getting 100% of comprehension of 10% of the book (the 10% to which my trigger words apply). On the other hand, if i read the entire book the old fashioned way, i get like 75%-80% of comprehension of 100% of the book, since i read it all. Thats why i still feel like i have much less information by PR than by normal reading.

sam988 #60908 07/13/07 07:47 PM

I think you need a real expert to help you. Call their coaching services if you must. Try emailing first, though.

paint #60909 07/14/07 07:28 PM

sam988,

How many books have you gone through the whole process on since the post? You said this was your 3rd book.Since this is one of your first 10 books or so, put it away. Do the process on books where a do or bust isn't a requirement.

If you read a book on a subject that you know no nothing about in a normal fashion, how much of the subject will you know after one reading?

If you don't know what is in the book, how did you decide to pick up the book? Is your first question not, what is the book about? Not so much the detailed content of the book. Mind map the table on contents, what appeals to you.

If you need to make questions about the whole book to know everything, why haven't you?

Maybe the first time you super read and dip through the book, yes it may take you as long to go through the book, yet your finished mind map, if that is how you are activating will be far deeper and more coherent that with ordinary reading. You said you didn't mind map your activation. Depending on the book subject, is a write form of activation the most appropriate?

You mention that your purpose was get the most out of the book and improve my knowledge about it ? How, what etc. specifically? That is quite general as a purpose.

If you want success you'll need to practice more than on 4 books. If you don't get immediate results, you quit. So I take it you can't talk properly, don't walk, can't write etc.?

Happy Travels

A

Drew #60910 07/15/07 03:27 AM
sam988 Offline OP
OP Offline

Quote:

If you want success you'll need to practice more than on 4 books. If you don't get immediate results, you quit. So I take it you can't talk properly, don't walk, can't write etc.?

Yea thanks for the tip. I must stop being so harsh on the system and on myself.

I still plan on learning it, even if it takes a lot of practice. But until i learn it, you guys on forum wont get rid of me

I'll also play more with the system, i've realized that trying to do the step-by-step perfectly wont help me much because everyone is different, so i might take some different approaches to the system, and that's what im planning to do from now on.

Thanks for the help of all you guys. After a week or two i'll be back posting the results. Bye, for now.

sam988 #60911 07/16/07 07:36 PM

You are doing fine Sam.

I am sorry I have been away from this forum , due
to the promotions and increased job responsibilities,
I am enjoying, due to my increased competencies
that I attribute to Photoreading, Natural Brilliance,
the Sedona Method, and maybe a little of
Mother Marie Diamond's Feng Shui ( see the Beyond
Human forum here).

Anyway, I was frustarted like you , when I first began.
The purpose you may want to start with, when you
are so overwhelmed by the material, as I was
when I had to study four years of graduate work
in 3 months to pass a certification exam in
my field of work, was to just have
a SIMPLE PURPOSE
" I want to PR this material to understand what
are the most important themes in this textbook."

That is LAYER ONE.. I incubate it overnight

Than I skitter, dip, supperread, and mindmap
what I have.
Now this will lead me to more specific questions and
I will PR again but now I have a better idea what themes
I need to explore.

That is LAYER TWO. I incubate it overnight.

Now I skitter, dip, supperread again and
usually I have so many questions I will
do SYNOPTIC READING on VERY EASY FUN
RELATED EXTRACURRICULAR MATERIAL,
just for (excuse the expression) the helluvit,
Here is where the SEDONA METHOD comes in, where
I release worrying about grades, outcomes, time constraints,
and just Notice , Observe, Play with the material,
Stay with the material)-- called NOPS in Paul Scheele's
Natural Brilliance Course. Believe me, at this point,
I am gaining quite a BIT OF CONFIDENCE and
COMPREHENSION of what had seemed like Greek to me,
just days ago.

At this point you will have a good foothold and can really
apply the advice that the other people gave you earlier
with great skill and confidence.

Let us know how you make out with this.
I hope this was helpful.

Good luck.

Oh BTW; Everyone thinks I am an
employee from Learning Strategies Corporation.
That is not true. I really gained much from Paul's
course and feel an attitude of gratitude and the need to give back
to others who now are wher I used to be.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved