maximizes getting into the
Accelerated Learning State, which is
so important for the various stages of
Photoreading.

Like matthat was saying, in the earlier
response to your post,
there is so much subconscious process
that is important, which traditional education
has not yet tapped into as a powerful tool.

A few books on Feng Shui and
books on subcoonscious processing,
the reticular activating system, and subliminal
processing would be helpful books
for all to photoread.

raleigh199

Last edited by raleigh199; 07/16/07 07:59 PM.
sam988 Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for the insights and support, raleigh199

Here's my progress in the PR proccess:

1. I've used just the PhotoRead step of the proccess in about 50 books, or 10 books per day on average.

2. I've activated 11 books, or 2 books per day on average.

3. I've activated mostly books on finances/business/investing, so they are not new for me (only 2 of these 11 books had nothing to do with this kind of subject).

Here's how i'm doing it:

- First, i create a purpose for reading the book, usually something like "I want to increase my knowledge of X, so i can know better how to do Y" (I won't mention the purpose again, but i'm keeping it in mind throughout all the next processes). Then, i survey the book, this takes around 5 minutes. Then i PhotoRead the book, which takes around 3 minutes. Then i postview it, which takes around 10 minutes (formulating questions included in this step, i formulate 10 per average per book, i have mostly used the chapter titles for question formulation, since i've not been able to "find trigger/center words every 20 pages or so"). Then i let it incubate for 24 hours on average.

-Now to the activation: Now i read all the questions again, and go to the step of superreading/dipping, which i ended up mixing with rapid reading, because i wasnt getting any feeling as to where in the page to dip. I had actually no idea where to deep, and when i felt i had some drive to go to a sentence, i mostly found it made no sense and didnt help me to get the bigger picture or to get some answer to my goal. So this process took on average 45 minutes.

-Now i mind map it; this takes around 10 minutes on average. I don't do the "colorful kindergarten mindmap" stuff; i just use my bic pen to do it.

Conclusion: I can now read a book in 1h10min average, which is 4 times as fast as i used to read.

Questions i still have:

1. Are my comprehension levels still the same as when i used to read books using normal reading? Probably not, but i'm sure they are pretty similar, because after i read a book i really know a lot about it, even feels as i know as much as when i used to normal read, but i'm not sure.

2. Whats the deal with dipping? I still don't have this feeling or "urge" to dip into sentences.

3. Do you guys do a colorful mind map? Is it really worth it? Does it activate much more information than when doing a one-color mindmap?

4. I'm still not sure wether the PhotoReading step really works or is just bogus (i know that no matter what you guys say can convince me, i gotta figure it for myself, i know i know =P). The point here is that there is still doubt because i havent been able to get any "feeling" or "urge" to dip into sentences, what i do is i do a rapid reading/skimming through the many parts/chapters of the book until i feel i have the core concepts/content of it. I still don't know if PhotoReading plays any part on it.

Thats it for now, ill be making updates about my progress throughout the next days/weeks.

sam988 #60914 07/19/07 04:00 PM

Hey Sam988 congrats on your progress!!

1. I think you've answered your own question... the more you use the process the more efficiently you will activate the book

2. Until I mentioned it here, were you aware of the feeling of your big toes? Does that mean they weren't there? Your unconscious mind sends you information all of the time, so I wonder, is the urge there and you're not paying attention?

3. Your mind has parts which process lines, words, colour, images, relationships, rhythms, etc. etc. The more elaborate and interesting the map, what do you think happens to the amount of mind power used in activating?

4. "even feels as i know as much as when i used to normal read"... feelings come from your unconscious mind... the bit that photoreads. I know I've finished with a book when I feel like it's empty, dried out if you like.

Hope they help... and well done!

Matt

Last edited by Alex K. Viefhaus; 07/25/07 05:22 PM.
matthat #60915 07/25/07 05:31 PM
Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Sam,

You say you formulate 10 questions per book on average.

If you're doing that right from the start... overkill, mate. You're missing opportunities. Think of yourself as a reporter. You're asking this authority on a topic some questions to suit your purpose (whatever that might be.) 3 questions and your purpose in mind should be enough to get you interacting.

So you got this expert in front of you they answer your first question. What happens next? Usually you get insights that lead to other questions. They are probably better formed than if you had a list of ten questions.You're having a conversation with an author and your job is to fulfil your purpose. Everything else this person knows is redundant for now. However finding out how informed this person is might give you another purpose or two.

You're approaching the books with a limited channel. Allow yourself to be more flexible and please. Do more activation layer so the book fully gels.

It's would be good if you fully activated those 11 books however I think you're stopping short. How do you know when you're done with a book? Same as when you found your glasses. They are in the last place you look once you have it you cannot look any further because you've got it. If you haven't got it with the book yet. Do another activation pass or 4.

Alex

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved