Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#60936 07/14/07 01:51 AM
JLN10E Offline OP
OP Offline

I am hoping to hear from others who have been in the same situation as me. I have only been practicing SFQ for about 3 months now and I feel like most of the days I am forcing myself to do the exercises. In the first month I was very excited and motivated, but that has worn off. I don't have any physical problems but my main reason for doing SFQ is so I can heal others. I have tried helping several people with no luck yet. I completely believe in SFQ and I absolutely do not want to give up, but I don't like this feeling of forcing myself to do the active/sitting exercises...it almost feels like another chore to do sometimes. I do about 1/2 hour to 1 1/2 hours per day and I've only skipped a couple days since I've started. I used to jog 5 days per week before, which I very much enjoyed, but I've given that up so I have time for SFQ. I work several jobs so I don't have time for both. I have used the paraliminals many times hoping to get more motivated, but it hasn't affected me in that way. I am hoping that others may have felt the same way in the beginning and that it got better over time. I know I have not been practicing long but I really want to get to the point where I am enjoying myself. I am signed up for the retreat in October so I am hoping that will rekindle something in me.
Thanks for reading...
Jodi

Hi Jodi,

I also have no physical problems. I understood the physics of how this works so I wanted to get into it to help my family if needed too. I could feel the energy when I first started with SFQ so I didn't need motivation for myself to do the exercises.

Then I had a few family members come to me early on when I started to practice SFQ. I tried it on them, especially for arthritis, and it worked. That gave me a lot of motivation.

So it does work. If you feel it's a chore, then cut back a bit on it. Do it a about a 1/2 hour a day then work your way up. But maybe a half hour will work out fine for you. Just do what you feel like doing without it feeling like a chore.

You can also do it in your mind. When you sit down to rest during the day, or when you go to bed at night, imagine doing the SFQ exercises in your mind.

Do not give up, it works. When I first tried it on my family members, I felt really stupid for even doing it. When they came back the next day and told me it worked, I gained a heck of a lot of confidence.

I know I was never quite in your situation, but I thought this might help.

Have a wonderful day,
Gabby

Gabby #60938 07/18/07 02:41 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha JLN10E,

Continue with your jogging if you love to jog (follow your bliss).

Do you have a couple 15 minute breaks during the day? use one or both to do one or two of the active exercises. Of course this depends on your working situation. Most people are used to people doing Tai Chi and such.

If your work space isn't as supportive of that type of break, find a place to sit down and do a couple "loops" of Small Universe. Do the neck circles, or anything in the harvesting section throughout your day (at the stop sign, waiting in a line), when waling to and from buildings do the "walking qigong" he talks bout in the Level One manual.

If you work at a desk, sit back for two minutes and with the breathing, relax each part of yoru body and then see light in an organ, refreshing and renewing before moving to the next organ.

Much Love, Shawn

JLN10E Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you so much for your replies. I am used to doing things "all or nothing" so I need to get used to the fact that I can just do a little bit of SFQ during the day and I don't need to do everything that I can just to get results. When I first started learning, I asked Master Lin what I should do if I only had a bit of time during the day - the active or sitting exercises. He said the sitting exercises, but I really should find time to do both.
Gabby - how long have you been doing SFQ? I can definitely feel the energy too when I do the exercises, but I haven't had much luck helping others unfortunately. I am still working at level I though, I haven't practiced much for level II yet.

Jodi

Hi Jodi.
I have been doing SFQ since October of 2004.
In the winter time I can keep my practice on
a regular schedule but in the summer I have
to practice around my work. I try to do SFQ
at least 3 times a week in the summer and
every day in the winter. My job lets me have
the winter months off.

I have learned of energy healing before SFQ.
I have read a lot about quantum physics and
how energy works so that helped me a lot.
It helped me understand the basics of how it
works.

Try being very confident in yourself when
working on others. Have faith in yourself.
Practice will make you better at it as you
go. Do not give up.

Wishing you the best.
Gabby

Gabby #60941 08/30/07 05:49 AM

Interestingly, I have a similar situation. It seems like if I do too much practice, I kinda feel a lack of motivation, and I'll skip a day or two or three. It'll feel like I've overdone it or something, and my body rebels or something. However, if I keep practice to about 1/2 a day or so, I can keep a regular practice without feeling like I'm overdoing it.

I got levels one and two, but I don't really do the second level exercises. I just feel that they don't appeal to me somehow. Perhaps I should listen to myself.

Is this weird, or is this kind of stuff experienced by others?

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved