Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#61022 07/19/07 02:25 AM
goatfig Offline OP
OP Offline

I'm a 16 year old(i took the seminar), and most of the books that i have to read are all school books that have important information throughout the entire thing. what suggestions do you guys have on this type of reading? and i still haven't got the whole revelation part of photo reading to happen yet so i was wondering if the highly technical books where i have to go back and read the whole thing is not good photo reading stuff.

i have probably photo read around 100 books however i have only activated like 2 with "traditional" methods and 10 with normal reading. How much do the"traditional" activation techniques help you becoming a photo reader?

p.s. if you have a specific type of book that you would call good photoreading material please tell me what that type is

Hi.

Start with a simple, basic book that is not related to school at all and master the techniques and processes on the simple book. After you have done this with 2 more basic books and start to get comfortable with the processes then switch or transfer the processes to schoolbooks.

Your key to success with photoreading is purpose. Be very clear about what you want from the books you are activating. Also with technical or school books you may need to do numerous activation passes. You will do more activation passes on school books then you would on just a regular book.

Also if you feel you are not getting anything do not give up. The next activation pass might just be the one where everything is finally coming together.

Photoread4me

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Since you took the seminar you should be okay with textbooks. Break the books down into chapters and treat each chapter as a book in itself.

You're probably stuck on a purpose. What does the teacher want you to know from the book and how will passing the subject help you with your goal? Think about that you'll work out your purpose for each chapter.

To ask questions from the book ,if you want a detailed insight, turn each chapter heading or subheading into a questions or three. The following paragraphs should answer those questions.

Also for textbooks you can PhotoRead them more often.

Manual activation is important if you really want to develop your body mind connection so you can get your studies done faster.

Work in 20 minute blocks when it comes to activation. Give yourself 10 minutes of the 30 minute study period for mind mapping and review. Take a break if you plan to study longer in a day. And repeat the process.

If you are mind mapping you can review in 3 minutes at the start. Find the next questions you want answered, activate with Superreading and dipping for 20 minutes. Mind map in the last 7 minutes. If you want to mind map as you activate I suggest you don't pick up the pen for the first 10 minutes. That way you focus on activating and only writing what is necessary.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved