Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#61150 07/29/07 01:51 PM
lisa Offline OP
OP Offline

Good day - I have all the paraliminals - except smoking and dream play - Plus I have the Abundance For Life program & Natural Brilliance program. I need to know which one or ones would possibly meet my needs.

Situation: I am taking horse back riding lessons - something I've always wanted to do. I'm comfortable with walking the horse, totally relaxed and at ease, but when we trot I feel like I'm bouncing highly off the saddle & I'm going to fall off, thus fear begins to set in. However the instructor insists I am doing very well and that I am bouncing a minimum amount - just right and in rhythm with the horse's gait.

So which paraliminal would help me to relax and enjoy trotting, and eventually galloping, expelling my fear of falling or being out of control.

I think my main problem / issue is feeling out of control. I hate anything where I feel out of control - i.e.: rollercoasters, 4-wheel driving in the mountains, extreme heights, glass elevators, even extremely high elevators, small spaces, being held down - anything where my feet are not planted firmly on the ground and/or I'm not in complete control of myself/my body. Been this way since I can remember - never could hang upside down on the bars like all the other kids - too scared to let go and hang by my knees. I took dance and gymnastics lessons and I was fine with dance but was afraid of the flips in gymnastics. I have mini panic attacks if I'm held down or am in a small space. I avoid water activities - I don't even get my face in the shower spray. I have no memory of anything negative associated with the above list happening to me at any time in my life. My parents were not over protective at all. I grew up on a farm running the back country all by myself and with siblings and cousins, they'd climb the silo and I'd stand and watch.

I really want to get good at horse riding - it is a dream of mine since a child and at age 44 it is time to step up to this. I want to be good enough that I am confident and relaxed, second nature so to speak. But I must relax into confidence and let go of my fear.

So which CD? I have my next lesson Tuesday Morning. My 13 yr old son and I are taking together - a kid that loves all the things I fear - so his dad usually goes with him, without me.

Also with the Paraliminal Accelerator can one have two goals at once? I'd like to tackel this overall fear of letting go of having to be in absolute control of my body and losing weight for my first goal. (for some weird reason I gained 20 lbs in June) Oh my, a light bulb just went on with the weight loss and letting go of fear - probably connected as I've gained and lost weight my whole adult life. I think I just answered my own question possibly?

If so - could I listen to Anxiety Free before my second riding lesson on Tuesday and then start the Accelerator with the bigger goals after the lesson?

Thank you so very much!

Lisa

Learning Strategies Admin

Use one goal with the Accelerator. The other one may or may not change as you deal with one goal But everything you do affects every part of you. You'll get faster results if you focus,

I'd listen to Anxiety-Free at least once before the lesson. If I have something I'm anxious about and know a week in advance I will have to deal with it. I'd use anxiety free a few times, up to once a day for the week. Especially if I think about it with feelings of anxiety.

Alex

lisa Offline OP
OP Offline

Alex - thank you for the response.

Are you saying I could do weight loss with the accelerator and use anxiety free for the riding lessons?

I did anxiety free this last time and was still extremely anxious / nervous. I did side A the day before and side B the day of the lesson - about 2 hours before the lesson. My next lesson is in one week. Would it help if I listen the same morning of the lesson? Or does that not matter? I could get up early enough to listen.

Lisa

Sorry, it's been so long since I was on the forum. I was travelling and just got back to my normal routine.

Yes, I would suggest using the accelerator for weight loss.

Continue to use the Anxiety Free Paraliminal before your riding lessons. The idea is to lessen your anxiety each time. It will not always be the case that your anxiety completely disappears first time you use it. It may take a few trials, but you will get there, if you persist.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved