Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#61215 08/05/07 02:08 AM
OP Offline

hello all,

i state my purpose and begin photoreading books, no preview, no activation, no superreading, no dipping.

Will this help in any way?

My purpose is to become a better writer.

Hi.

Perhaps you could liken it to a carpenter who does not use a saw, a hammer or nails.

Or maybe you could liken it to a mechanic who does not use a wrench or diagnostic computer for analysis.

My point is preview, superread & dip, activation are processes used to help you peel another layer of the book. Layers it is all about layers & when you get rid of the layers you are stopping yourself from getting anything from the book.

You said your purpose is to become a better writer. That does not sound like a purpose because it lacks the so that i can do component of a purpose. You notice in the photoreading book Paul Scheele mentions that a purpose includes how you are going to apply the information or use the information.

The way you describe it it sounds like you just want to photoread the book and not have to make any effort to get anything from the book.

So you do not have a purpose and purpose is everything in photoreading and you do not want to use any of the activation techniques so i say no that is not going to work for you.

Photoread4me

There is a technique called direct learning covered in the book. You can improve your skills by photoreading "how to" books, and then follow it with a "future pace", where you vividly imagine having the skills you want and noticing how what you have read has improved your skills.

For this to work you need instructional, step by step books that your unconscious mind can process.

However I recommend that you learn to photoread using all of the steps first so that when you preview a book ripe for direct learning, you recognise it as such.

Matt

matthat #61218 08/07/07 05:33 AM
OP Offline

IT WORKS IT WOKRDS IT WORKS!!!!

WOw, absolutely amazing. I was just photoreading a couple books right, no previews or nothing, just practicing my peripheral vision and all. Anyways I decided to quit photoreading and read a book normally when I...

....noticed that I can read a page every three or four seconds. I used to be a fast reader before but this is ridiculous. I finished half a book in just 20 min in normal reading. I have definately noticed improvement. Anyways I think if I just photoread books without doing any other steps it also works only I wont be able to activate it. I rely on spontanious activation.

IT WORKS!!!

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved