Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#61267 08/07/07 08:36 PM
Amac90 Offline OP
OP Offline

Hey everyone,

I have found photoreading to be an immense help with a majority of my schoolwork, at least in relation to History and Science. However, I am eager to now apply it to English class, however I'm not exactly sure how photoreading can assist in reading novels. Anyone try this and find success?

Thanks.

I use it all of the time, it helps me read a novel quicker, and I find that my imagination of scenes and characters is far more elaborate. Basically, for me, it make the reading of novels even more enjoyable.

Matt

Quote:

I use it all of the time, it helps me read a novel quicker, and I find that my imagination of scenes and characters is far more elaborate. Basically, for me, it make the reading of novels even more enjoyable.

How do you do this?
Do you read the synopsis, then state your purpose, PR it and then start reading?

And what's your purpose?
"I want to read this book to enjoy myself." ?
This is the reason why I usually read novels. Sometimes I do it to improve or maintain my foreign language skills.

Korsakow

Quote:

How do you do this?
Do you read the synopsis, then state your purpose, PR it and then start reading?

No, I state my purpose and photoread the book. I usually put it down to read the following day.

Quote:

And what's your purpose?
"I want to read this book to enjoy myself." ?
This is the reason why I usually read novels. Sometimes I do it to improve or maintain my foreign language skills.

"To enjoy the story and characters that (the author) has given to me"

or something similar

ked Offline

Hi all, I have also found photoreading helpful in reading novels, but I was wondering if people could improve on my method.

When I PR a novel and go straight to rapid reading, I find it too slow for me (unless I REALLY want to enjoy the novel, for say, Harry Potter ;-0 ).

So often times, I will do multiple super-reading passes through a chapter or multiple chapters until that part of the book gels. This prevents me from learning the ending early, but I find it kind of choppy gelling one section after the next.

Does anyone else have suggestions? Does anyone superread the entire novel multiple times?

Quote:

"To enjoy the story and characters that (the author) has given to me"

or something similar.

Won't you use the same purpose for different books earlier or later, if you use such a general one?
Won't the sub-con mix the different stories because of this?
Or is it able to separate them even if you put them into the same "slot"?

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

If you're doing novels for literary review use all the steps of the system. If you're reading novels for enjoyment, Rapid reading is the way most people will go. Just remember to set a timer and take regular breaks to avoid the trap of tiring the mind and falling into habitual word for word reading.

If you want to play with it, start reading the book from the back to the front.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved