Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#61328 08/10/07 09:56 PM
ked Offline OP
OP Offline

Has anyone else experienced this problem or have suggestions?

I have been applying the photoreading system for some time, and though I would not consider myself a master yet, it works very well when I want it to work.

However, I wouldn't say that I read more than I used to, and sometimes feel as if I read less because after one pass through a book I become much more fatigued than through regular reading. I'm not sure if this is because I am digesting so much more information in a 20 minute pass through the whole book than I would if I just read for 20 minutes regularly, but that is one idea.

Basically, it's difficult to do a pass through a book (esp. if it's one I don't want to read), and then do another pass after a short 5 minute break. So I end up delaying the next pass for some time and the end result is same amount of reading per day (which doesn't always work for my academic schedule).

Am I just being lazy? Haha. Or does anyone have a suggestion for relaxing/decompressing after a pass?

ked Offline OP
OP Offline

No one has any thoughts on this matter?

I feel the need for a break after say PRing 3 books. I need to dismiss them fully from my mind and go for a walk, drink some water etc.

Hi Ked.

I would definitely drink plenty of water. Remember when photoreading that is a lot of activity for the brain so you definitely want to drink plenty of water and stay hydrated.

Check up on your relaxation techniques. It is important to be in the relaxed, accelerated learning state.

Make sure you are taking plenty of breaks. 5 minute breaks every 20 to 30 minutes.

And last sleep. Are you getting enough sleep? Too often many people are not getting enough sleep and are sleep deprived. That will definitely create problems. Also if you are not getting enough sleep you will need more than just one night's good sleep to catch up. It could take days depending on how long you have been sleep deprived.

Photoread4me

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

The fatigue is probably a getting used to the new approach symptom. There is no reason why you only have to take a 5 minute break. See the 5 day test from the PhotoReading book. I think one thing you are noticing is that you are staying with the book for the duration. Many people will find reading fatigues them and their mind wanders off.

One of the other things about the fatigue you may need to adjust your speed. You may be going too slow or you may need to speed up. Try also doing 10 minute activation passes with a 2 minute break (mind mapping) and notice your experience.

Also be prepared for the fatigue immediately after PhotoReading. You may need to leave a longer break after PhotoReading and postviewing than you are.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved