Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#61361 08/12/07 11:43 AM
tempo Offline OP
OP Offline

hey guys,
this is my story- ive done the home course twice, read the book and im pretty sure i know the steps fluently but i never really applied myself to photoreading practically because i couldnt really relate to the activating step of superreading/dipping/mindmaping, what i really wanted to do was photoread then go over everything consciously. i cant believe i missed it this whole time but i picked up the book and read about rapidreading and if what i think about it is correct then it will open up a whole new world of photoreading for me. so photoreaders please give your opinion on the followings paragraphs, statements, guestions. thanks in advance

1.If i photoread the book i wanted then after waiting for it to incubate, went straight to rapid reading the whole book, would i still get the benifits of activating with the other methods which i dont like ie superreading etc? since i have the time is rapid reading every photoreaded book a benifiticial thing to do?

2. when it says in the book that to make activation spontanous photoread up to 10 books a day, is he refering to activating them aswell? or is just photoreading them by itself alright? this is for books that i photoread that i dont nessecerily need the information from

3. if i photoread a book then consciously read it as per usual, what would the results be like? better, worse, same, not much difference?

4. ok this question is the hardest: with purpose how specific/meaningful does it have to be? if i want to learn a language can i say for my purpose:"to build my vocabulary in this language...." or if i want to photoread for a test can i say "in order to know the ifnroamtion to pass a test" or can it be general like "in order to know the information in this book." The backup purpose that paul says in the home learning course "in order to learn the mechanics of photoreading," can i use this every time for learning?... or lastly can i say "to practise photoreading"
im trying to get a feeling of what kind of purposes are acceptable for photoreading to be effective.

i know these are a lot of questions that require long answers but please if you have time answer them or any of them that you can. thanks a lot!

Last edited by tempo; 08/12/07 11:45 AM.

1) when practicing with this system, I;ve felt similar to you on going over everything consciously. I don't know if you learned about this, but I've found skittering to be very useful. I've only been using the system for about a month, but what tends to work for me is skittering through the whole book. After that if I really need to, rapid reading is pretty quik becuase I'm familiar with the book.

2) To achieve spontaneous activation you only need to preview photoread and mind probe. Doing this opens your mind up to the book and puts the information into your inner mind. Activation is not needed because activation is manual and not spontaneous.

3) I photoread the harry potter book without previewing or doing anything and then just went straight into it the next day reading it like usual. I noticed that things were more visual and even when I wasn't reading I sometimes had visions from the book. This occurred especially during my dreams at night. I had intense harry potter dreams for days. So i think that photoreading does help and benefit regular reading.

4) I think that having a specific purpose is beneficial. Instead of saying that "i want to know the information in this book to pass a test", instead say that "I want to have a strong understanding of the book so that I can consciously recall information when needed." I also think it helps to add in how you want the book to affect your life. So as a purpse for the photoreading book-

"I am reading this in order to learn the concepts of photoreading so that I can use them in my everyday life to get more out of books at a faster pace with better comprehension."

If you have any more questions then please ask. I am not an expert at all though, this is just what works for me.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

1. The only problem with not using any other activation technique and going straight to rapid reading is you have not got the variety of speed options you have once you learn and apply superreading and dipping, skittering, mind probing. So essentially all you are doing is PhotoReading and then traditionally reading, perhaps a tiny bit faster than your normal traditional reading because it's as if you are reading it again. To call what you are doing rapid reading is a mistake.

Rapid reading includes Superreading and dipping, skittering and mind probing.

2. You do need to train the body mind connection so you still need to work on manual activation. If you have used manual activation and then PhotoRead 3 to 10 books a day for 2 or 3 months your chances of spontaneous activations are greatly improved.

3. See answer one. You' are already just reading so it's the same.

4.. Your purpose has to be meaningful to you. If you can see in your minds eye yourself using the information in some way then that is your purpose. If your purpose statement does not do that for you then it's a poor purpose.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved