Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#61386 08/13/07 11:42 PM
Mario Offline OP
OP Offline

Master Lin mentions the breathing technique of slightly pulling the stomach in when breathing in and letting the stomach relax outward on the out breath. Is this breathing technique done in all the active exercises? Is it done during the sitting meditations also? I am new to SFQ and am learning the exercises right now but would like some clarification. Thank you.

As I'm passing by I'll fill in for Shawn Grim here in referring you to one of his posts which answers some questions about this:

http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/...=true#Post50394

I think there is a lot of other helpful stuff about breathing that can be found through the Search the Forum link above.

And, yes, it is done during the active exercises and the meditations and is definitely an important part of the practice, but I would suggest not to "focus" on it too much and maybe let yourself relax into it comfortably over time.

It can be helpful to remember/focus on Chunyi's three secrets of qi gong:

Going into the emptiness
Keeping it simple!
Using your consciousness/awareness.

I think as long as you remember these in your practise, you're following the right track.

Happy breathing!

Theo T

Mario Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you.

Mario

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved