Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#61423 08/20/07 01:13 AM
OP Offline

Yesterday, I had a terrible migraine, and it still hasn't completely gone away today. I also had a bit of nausea.

Is there a paraliminal title that may help?

I listened to Perfect Health once the worst of the headache had subsided. Is this the best title do you think?

I would like to know too!

vitaman

I have found that using any kind of program with binaural beats while having a headache either increases the headache and/or makes me nauseous. That would be both holosync and the paraliminals. I think part of the reason has to do with the small (but enough) amount of stress that the binaural beats puts on the brain, just exacerbates the pain.

For migraines, especially accompanied by nausea, I usual take a motion-sickness pill and go to bed for a couple of hours. I also find that eating a dish of warm stewed tomatoes (homemade, canned or scald a fresh tomato in boiling water for a minute, peel, cut up and cook for about half an hour) with just a bit of sugar usually straightens out the nausea.

I also generally use a cold facecloth for my forehead, tying it around with an old rag to hold it in place - keep refreshing it every 10 or 15 minutes for about an hour. I have found that most of my migraines are related to allergies, so this helps to bring down swelling in the sinuses.

I have also learned a few NLP techniques that will bring the pain down quite a bit and fairly quickly.

Just a few helpful suggestions along with the info on binaural beats.

Cheers!

Unis

Unis #61426 08/23/07 06:36 AM

Wouldn't the acid in the tomatoes make you more nauseaus??? I guess its worth a try if nothing is working.

I've also had many migraines with nausea, and I've noticed that Ginger (little tiny bites at a time) REALLLLLLLLLLLY help the nausea. At least for me..so does chewing mint gum, drinking gingerale (help the nausea), as well as putting pressure on your pressure points on your wrists! For allergy migraines, I think lots of water to flush out what you were allergic to would help, and do some deep slow breathing. Then try to picture blue light surround your headache and soothe it. This usually helps me, it brings me to a point that I get so relaxed that I can fall asleep and wake up with no migraine. Also, if you know someone that does Reiki, ask them to do it on you when you feel sick. My mom does Reiki, and the technique works pretty well at scooping away the pain.

Ok those are my suggessted remedies. I hope you feel much better! Good luck!

Liana

Liana #61427 08/23/07 02:15 PM

Quote:

Wouldn't the acid in the tomatoes make you more nauseaus??? ILiana

This remedy was given to my Mom while I was still a kid, by a very wise Russian masseuse, who was doing Reiki before Reiki had a name, I think.

Actually, the tomatoes seem to neutralize the stomach acids. I also use this remedy for any situation (stomach flu and food poisoning in particular) where vomiting becomes a major issue. After the stomach contents have been pretty much cleared, have a bowl of the tomatoes as mentioned in the earlier post. You may once more heave, but after that you will be on the mend.

If you do heave up the first bowl of tomatoes, wait half an hour and have a second bowl - which you will probably keep down. Putting warm tomatoes into the stomach (as opposed to putting in cold Ginger Ale, which is full of chemicals your body shouldn't be having to deal with at a point of crisis) also helps if you are experiencing fever, as it will hydrate you, provide you with some Vitamin C to help fight infection, and help to raise your inside temperature to assist in breaking the fever.

You'd be surprised how good just stewed tomatoes tastes when you're not able to eat anything else and keep it down.

Cheers!

Unis

Unis #61428 08/23/07 10:36 PM

I have been running a small martial arts class for a long time now. This is what is observed. Often a student of other member of the club will express that a headache is killing them but they will try a class anyway. I will get the class up and running with plenty of exercise. These members really put an effort into the class and they are heavy breathing and sweating. The real neat thing is 99.997 percent of the time that headache that was so nasty totally vanishes.
So instead of a paraliminal, experiment with spring forest qigong exercise. It will do a few things for you if the headache was stress related the exercise should greatly reduce the stress. And if it is related to sinus, allergies your body temperature may raise and your sinus may very well start to drain which will give relief, and best yet you may even get a runners high with plenty of feeling good endorphines.

If my timing is soon enouph, this works great: I take 3 ibuprofen, two tylenol, and a cup of cofee, and give it a half hour. If my timing is late, it wont work- then a dark quiet motion free room is the only thing I know of.

Kevin- I agree- an Aikido class can do wonders for many kinds of headaches- tiredness, clusters, stress etc. - one if the features of a migrain is extreme nausea from movement, sound, light, nearly any stimuli. If it is a migrain, I have to cut out. There is no way I could keep the mats clean if I tried a class while a full blown migrain

This might be of some help to someone. As with Vita-Man, this first suggestion requires that you catch the headache early on, before it's become full-blown (although it sometimes HELPS even then). For me, at least, it stops it in its tracks.

Sit on a hardback chair, feet on the floor or ground. Bend over slightly and put your elbows on your knees, and your fingers on the OMG points ("oh my gawsh"). Pretend the top of your head is a hat, and that you want to push it up--push gently, but firmly UP. Now do the same, always pushing UP towards the top all the way around to the back of your head; at this point, allow your head to slump over a bit as you push UP here. Now return to the OMG points and just rest your fingers there gently. It can be repeated two or three times if you like.

The second suggestion usually helps even if full-blown. You'll need help for this one. Lie back on a recliner, bed, or massage table, and relax. (The relaxing part is important.) Have your helper take hold of your two big toes (it can be done with socks on or off, but obviously not with shoes on), making sure to make conact with the bottom or underside of the toes. No rubbing, no pressing, just holding. Be patient--sometimes this can take a half an hour to 45 minutes; usually you will feel it start to lift in about 15 minutes, but wait until it's nearly totally gone before returning to your daily routine.

I am especially fond of these because they require NO meds, and most prescription and non-prescription pain meds are pretty much poison for my system. They are simply not an option for me unless it's a life/death situation.

ONE other suggestion that I sometimes use--but it's not quite as effective--is to use one of those sound/light machines using a theta or delta setting. This has sometimes interrupted an emerging migraine, but I prefer the other two techniques listed above.

Unis #61431 08/28/07 03:36 AM

Hi Unis!
I will definitely try the stewed tomatoes next time i feel nauseaus (although Im not wishing myself nausea or food posioning! Haha!) As far as the gingerale chemical thing goes...I have to agree with you that yes, sadly, it is filled with chemicals, just like over the counter drugs, but unfortunately, I use it because I dont know too many remedies for nausea! But now I will try yours! Thanks for the tip and the explanation! Have a healthy and beautiful week!

Liana

Liana #61432 09/06/07 06:59 PM

Vita-man!
I'm very concerned that you take 3 ibuprophen and 2 tylenol. this is not good. I don't know the mg of your ibuprophen, but mine usually say take 1. These over the counter is taken in quantities exceeding the directed amount can be harmful for your kidneys.

There are very good pharmaceuticals out now days that are not pain killers. You really don't even know you have taken anything and your migraine will go away. There is Maxalt (the group is called ripatriptans sp?).

I'm sure there are some other relaxation and natural remedieis, but please stop taking 5 over the counter pills at once.

I used to take 3 sudefed for mine bec I didn't want to go to a dr and didnt' know how great the medications are.

I really recommend maxalt. I think the other is called immuntrex.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved