Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#61463 08/21/07 02:23 PM
OP Offline

Hello,

I recent got a book on Photoreading. I somewhat get the idea. Am i correct that it is more than just reading each word?

Is this more about teasing to yourself into bigger motivation for learning about the subject. Also isn't just about a book you want to learn but what you want to use the book for in the first place?

When i tried to learn the photoreading step, must i become very hungry and then "let go" the hunger and then go into the photoreading step?

And then mind probing with what is "exactly" you want to know GENTLY to help keep my preconscious mind busy.

I sometime had the feeling that i wanna read it without knowing what i am looking for. Is the correct option for it is super read and dipping?

What i dont like about it is that i cant slow down my speed of my thoughts as it seems goes everywhere without which will end up on frustration. I guess i need to learn more about Mind Mapping Skills tony Buzan to solve this problem.

Should i more concentrately on achieving what specific i want to get out of a book rather than thinking/day dreaming about everything?

Thank You

M

About

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

The PhotoReading step is taking in all the pages of the book like making a mental snapshot first.

PhotoReading is active reading where traditional reading as you were taught in your early years of school is passive reading.

Mind probing is asking yourself question. During PhotoReading you say a chant to keep the conscious mind busy. The non-conscious mind is always doing it's thing it stays busy anyway.

If you get the feeling you want more from the book and have no questions left, rapid read it. Then see if it was worth your time.

Learn image streaming if you want to learn to slow down the mind so the conscious mind can catch the thoughts.

Learn and apply the whole system. That works better than daydreaming about it.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved