Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#61569 08/25/07 05:12 PM
MarkF Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello,

I am hoping someone can direct me to the right resource that will help me overcome internal obstacles and reach success.

Basically, I am having problems with visualization. Whenever someone tells me to visualize something, for some reason, I am not able to bring up any visions in my mind. When I close my eyes and try to picture something, all I see is blackness.

Is there something I can do to develop this ability, or is all hope lost. In the Photo Reading course, Paul says to visualize the numbers 3, 2, 1, etc and then a beautiful flower. I have not been able to picture any of these in my mind thus far.

Just some background. I have had a rocky past in learning and education in general. My teachers never knew what to make of me. My high school geometry class is a good example. The first half of the year I failed every section of the class and could not make heads or tales of anything. Then suddenly, it was like someone flipped a switch for the second half of the class and I received nothing less than 100% on every test, exercise or homework assignment. I have had similar problems in all other areas of learning. One moment I look like an idiot to everyone and then all of a sudden I do something that everyone considers brilliant and seemingly impossible to the rest of my classmates and even the teacher.

Any ideas of what might be causing all of this and how I can overcome it, so I can learn how to keep that switch turned on for good? I am now in college half way through an MBA program and I am really struggling to keep my head above water. It's the same as before, one minute everything makes sense and the next poof its gone.

Historically I have had problems with my memory too. I can remember the stupid things like when I am watching a movie I haven't seen for a long time, I can tell you exactly what the actors and actresses are going to say. For the rest of life, the old saying, "If you don't use it, then you lose it" fits perfectly for me. After a class is over, it is like my mind does a brain dump. Everything is wiped clean to prepare for the next rush of information, unless it is something I am using daily, like for a job.

Is there one product or course on this site that would help me with this more than another. I do not have much money, so I have to pick the right thing.

~Mark

MarkF #61570 08/27/07 12:25 PM

Mark,

You might try using the word
remember instead of the word
visualize. I know this works
for some who have a hard time
"visualizing." So it would be
"Remember the number three..."

Gianni

Gianni #61571 08/27/07 05:55 PM
MarkF Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Gianni.

I appreciate the tip. Have a terrific day!

~Mark

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved