Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I have read so many reports and comments on other sites claiming that they tried photoreading and it didn't work.

I recently ordered the classic course and it should arrive soon.

I don't mean to seem skeptical or anything, but does it really really work?

And I'm not asking people who work for Learning Strategies or who sell this, I'm asking people who bought it and either succeeded or failed in photoreading.

Thanks

OP Offline

I know that people on this forum might ask why I'm here at all if I think it doesn't work.

But I don't think it doesn't work, I just need some clarification.

And hopefully some proof that the company wasn't just exaggerating about Photoreading.

Thanks.

Hi Jacktuff13.

I do not work for Learning Strategies Corporation. AlexK the moderator of this forum does. She learned photoreading and became so good at it Learning Strategies offered her a job.

The majority of people who post on this forum do not work for Learning Strategies they are just trying to help out people. I would say 99% of the people who post on the forum do not work for Learning Strategies.

Yes photoreading does work. There are success stories of people who have had success with photoreading and there are stories of people who cannot get photoreading to work for them.

I have 2 recommendations for you.

First read the post titled "Method for photoreading educational material?"
The reason i suggest you read that post is because many times people want to use photoreading to help them in school.

My second recommendation to you is to do a search on this forum for Alexk.
The reason i recommend that you do that is because Alex has had tremendous success with photoreading. She simply followed the directions and learned photoreading. There is a wealth of information also as many people were struggling to learn photoreading and Alex had many extremely valuable insights and she was able to help a lot of people.

Photoread4me

OP Offline

Thanks a lot Photoread4me.

It's just that I went on Amazon and other places and there were so many negative comments about it. I didn't believe them, but they just kept going, so I guess it was imprinted in my mind. But I don't feel so skeptical anymore.

Thanks again.

I have had soem success with PhotoReading. I have found that to the extent that I use it, to that extent, it works.

I do think that the mindset needed for something like this does have to do with at least a playful attitude, if not a total suspension of disbelief or skepticism

This is not a technique, but rather a new and different approach to learning and reading. I would not be surprised at all to read a lot of negative reviews on Amazon or anywhere, because this kind of learning or maybe better, "re-learning", is not something you can just run through a menu or go through a list of solutions and have it "work for you". It is rather something that takes a bit of a reorientation and changing of some very, very died-in-the-wool habits and beliefs (e.g. "it is very important to read every word" Why? Where is that written?).

The PhotoReading approach or System is a far superior way of approaching reading and learning. Will it work for everyone? I would have to say, "No!" But the reason why for many people is that it is asking something of them that they are unwilling to do: become a more active playful participant in the reading and learning process.

I for one am glad I discovered it and though I have not yet "mastered" it, I look forward to continue to improve and am very grateful to having discovered it.

My two bits, for what it's worth. YMMV

blessings,

Steve

I've bought the deluxe package and although It's only been a week I'm VERY impressed. Was very skeptical in the beginning, I'll post how I'm doing in the future.

I have only recently received my package and do seem to be having a great deal of trouble with it. Am only on cd 2 and already disheartened, it seems that I am expected to already be a speed reader, why else would it tell me to read 2 pages in 45 seconds then answer questions on it. I was looking forward to this material but now I am not so sure- I have never done speed reading so how am I ever going to be able to preview in such a short time...it takes my eyes longer than that to even focus. I will persist but its not what I expected and now doubts are creeping in.

for me have worked, why don't you try?

OP Offline

Rosenburg50

So far I have gotten through 4 tapes, out of the eight.

I LOVE this. I have been doing everything right and the dictionary game was aweeessommmee.

I do believe he said if you NEED more time then you can use a few more seconds.

But it is nothing like speed reading, because I can speed read, and it's not at all similar.

I understand your concern though, it does seem like it for people who don't know speed reading, but it's not.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Quote:

I have only recently received my package and do seem to be having a great deal of trouble with it. Am only on cd 2 and already disheartened, it seems that I am expected to already be a speed reader, why else would it tell me to read 2 pages in 45 seconds then answer questions on it. I was looking forward to this material but now I am not so sure- I have never done speed reading so how am I ever going to be able to preview in such a short time...it takes my eyes longer than that to even focus. I will persist but its not what I expected and now doubts are creeping in.

It's an experiential assignment getting you ready to learn superreading and dipping. It demonstrates how difficult it is to have the same level of conscious comprehension and at the same time it shows what is possible when you shift the paradigm.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved