Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#61731 09/06/07 07:27 PM
Toyy Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello everyone!

I have some questions, I am pretty confused now.

1. I wonder when I activate, can't I rapid read first and then super read, dip. I will spend same time like super reading, dip and then rapid read.

2. When you photoread you are using the other than conscious mind (subconscious mind). I have read a lot about the subconscious mind. The subconscious mind can't read words but it can photograph the pages when we photoread. So here is the point how can some people get spontaneous activation. The subconscious mind only understands images, feelings and emotions. So it don't know what the pages we photoread is all about.

3. Yeah i believe that photoreading is using the whole mind that is why i still use it. I have some problem with my math books.
It's few examples to show how to use it and then it's a lot of tasks to do. Is there any fast way I can do.
I first state my purpose then i preview and photoread the book. After that i don't how to activate the book.

Thanks

Toyy

1. When i choose a book to photoread i didnt superread, because this kind of book i prefer to only rapid read because have a lot of technical information, so you can test this too... i think when a book is to rapidread doesnt is necessary super read ... but like paul said in his book.. choose what you think that is best for you..
bye
good luck
OzzY

i have tried the system in math books, and the results are good, very good comprehension... you prepare and photoread, activate with rapidread(in this case i think its the best ) and after this do the exercises... when i first tried this, i get several aha!! feelings and the system started to work for me on technical books after that ...
luck
ozzy

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Rapid reading is not one technique or approach to a book.

Rapid reading uses all the techniques of activation. It combines superreading and dipping, skittering, analytical reading, rhythmic perusal and even PhotoReading speed as is appropriate for your needs and the page you are looking at.

So when you say you skipped superreading and dipping for rapid reading what you are really doing is skipping activation in favour of your old reading habits. The only thing that rapid reading has in common with traditional reading is you start at the beginning and end at the end, doing a once through. The actual approach to reading during rapid reading varies. Imagine a canoe going down a river. The speed varies according to the nature of the river. in Rapid reading the speed varies according to your needs, prior knowledge and previous activation.

Make the effort to use at least one to three of the faster activation layers before you resort to the combined techniques of rapid reading.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved