Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#61737 09/07/07 02:30 PM
OP Offline

Would appreciate some advice from the experienced PhotoReaders. As I live in Denmark I’ve been using the home course over the last couple of months and reached CD4 but not seeing the results I’d expected and hoped for.

Have difficulty seeing the “blip” page when photreading and when I do get it, it quickly disappears as I turn the page and my eyes try to refocus. Is it just a question of letting my eyes go out of focus or is the “blip” fundamental to being able to PhotoRead?

I’m also finding I get easily distracted trying to see the blip, keeping the rhythm and turning the page, suddenly I’ve lost my concentration as the pages bunch up and I can't remember were I am in the "relax"mantra.

What I’d like to know is do I just persevere or is my technique flawed. Should one try to photoread several different books a day or a book every couple of days until one gets it right.How have other people succeed?

You would need to focus at the center at the very beginning. Once you relax your eyes without converging, you'll find the blip. To keep the blip, remind your eyes diverged and relaxed. It's my usual practice for keeping the blip always, from up to down, and usually 3 to 4 cm wide, depending on the size of each page of the reading material.

Using the blip is NOT the only way. It indicates you're in photofocus, and however using the imaginery X technique is useful too. Notice white spaces on book edges, and the 4 corners, would do the same job.

To see the success more quickly, I recommend using a larger-size book at first as the blip is normally bigger.

OP Offline

Thank you for your advice Terence, it's a great help getting some feedback and I appreciate you taking the time to answer.
I'm going to keep on trying and get this mastered.
all the best,
Chris

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Keep going with the course. The blip page is a nice way of knowing you have photofocus and the imaginary x-technique is all you really need. Get to then end of the course and then you can play it over again or just use the CD that takes you though the entire process a few times.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved