Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
__Simon Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi, I'm wondering about the state I'm supposed to be in while photoreading. I am asking because I can clearly see the blip page with blurry text and am sure that I'm in the correct photofocus state with my eyes while photoreading. I have been practicing photoreading for over a month now but still haven't got any results during the activation (tried about 3 books for the whole mind process including rapid reading of the entire book, and photoread over 30 books) (3 books: Blink, Think and Grow Rich, One Minute Manager) (and the three books I photoread multiple times before finally moving on to rapid reading). Now I'm beginning to doubt whether I am capable of photoreading, or if the process is sorta scammed, which I hope isn't. The only two places now I am not entirely sure of is activation and the proper mindset while photoreading. (and I've worked with CD 7 of the personal learning course over thirty times)

question: is there any way I can check to see if I'm in the proper mindset while photoreading?

I've tried superreading and dipping, yet I have not had any hunches of where to dip so far, and skittering just makes me more confused. (I've mind mapped over a dozen times without any results and I have failed miserably on the dictionary game also over a dozen times.)

question: Is there any suggestion of what I could do to do better during the super reading and dipping process, like any common mistakes novice photoreaders make that I could possibly doing? (I have talked with success coaches couple times and asked and received many questions through the emailing system too)

I have also photoread my college (first year) text books yet have not had any spontaneous activations during lectures or during my own study times so far (maybe since it's only my first week as of yet...)

I am going to be trying one of the seminars during my winterbreak, but as of yet, the only feeling that I'm getting is that I've wasted a third of my precious summer vacation practicing photoreading which I could have spent much more productively doing something else.

I hope I'm not a case where photoreading does not work, at the same time, now I'm getting more confused, not of the process, but because I think I'm doing everything correctly but am not getting the results.

If there is some guidance I could get, that would be great, I really wish photoreading would work for me.

Sincerely,
Simon

I would like to check if I'm in the correct mindset (relaxed, concetrating) wonder whether I'm in the right emotional state during the photofocus, if my concious mind is well occupied enough. I've worked with CD 7 of the personal learning course over thirty times and haven't had any success yet.

question: Is there any way I can check for myself to see if I'm in the correct mind state (not the blip page photofocus state) while photoreading?

Thank you
Sincerely, Simon from Vancouver

first of all..
whats your purpose on reading this books ?

__Simon Offline OP
OP Offline

purposes were

One Minute Manager: To develop leadership skills through learning about goal setting, praising, and reprimanding at work.

Think and Grow Rich: To learn the mind operating system of successful people so that I can implement them mself and also become financially successful.

Blink: To learn about the psychology of first impressions so that I better present myself when meeting new people or when going for interviews.

The Power of Your Subconscious Mind: To build a stronger connection between my conscious and other than conscious minds.

...I had a few more purposes cuz I did some of the chapters individually, but these were the general purposes that I used for each book.

i know that i'm on the right state right after counting 3-2-1, but talking about feelings.. i like a bit deep in the water, but breathing, if you understand...
the question is.. you have to do this without wait any results and seeing your progress.. if you are expecting big results, this will confuse you more and more...
good luck
ozzy

__Simon Offline OP
OP Offline

I think I sort of understand what your saying flamerozzy, like I should just try the process without expecting much results and seeing how it flows. And ya, I think I understand the way you described the underwater-breathing feeling, cuz I think I've been getting at the correct state from what you've described there.

I am quite confused of the process that it doesn't work (as you've mentioned) and was wondering if successful photoreaders could post how many books it took them before they successfully activated their first books... would be of great motivation for me to continue on.

Thanks so much guys, I know I'm sort of a nag cuz I can't photoread, but really appreciate you guys' help.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

Simon, How much time did you spend on activating the books and why didn't you continue to add more activation layers until it gelled?

Quote:

One Minute Manager: To develop leadership skills through learning about goal setting, praising, and reprimanding at work.

I don't think much of your purpose.. It doesn't say what's in it for you. Therefore you haven't impressed your non-conscious mind with it's importance or given it direction that connects the relevance of the text to you and your life.

It's important that you continue to build in activation layers until it gels If you're not getting to that point you've quit too soon. Use the five day test as outlined in the book on some books of about 200 pages in length.

Alex

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved