Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi - I just got my CD's and listened to the self-esteem one. I set a goal to trust myself. well after listening to the CD (and I totally fell asleep) I have been experiencing alot of sadness. Is this normal? This has been my first session so any advice from people out there would be great - Thanks

Hi Kittykat, I dont have any advice only that Ive experienced the same thing .I used the cd for about 3weeks and just about everyday usually a around the same time I would feel alot of sadness and self loathing, the very opposite of what were trying to achieve, so I decided to stop using it a couple of days ago and those feelings have subsided since .But I cant say I feel any better or worse than before I used them, maybe it takes awhile for everything to sink in and be intergrated.Your reaction to to it is at least a sign it has done something and it maybe pushing out some subconscious material like I suspect it has done with me. Bye

OP Offline

Thanks Adam - I felt the sadness last night and by this morning it was cleared up. I made a decision this morning to have a discussion with my boss and after I made that decision the sadness left. I think the sadness came up as a result of my not wanting to have this discussion. Today the decision to talk to my boss was very simple and easy to make.

I have used this paraliminal but I don't remember if I experienced sadness exactly but I didn't really notice anything working with it. It didn't seem to give me any kind of boost. But I do know with healing sometimes things surface in order to be released.

This one is one of my 3-4 favorites, but I don't use it every day, or even on any kind of a "regular" basis--just every once in awhile, and I find it boosts my mood, performance, thinking, and the quality of my relationships with just about everyone.

MOST of these aren't really designed to be used all the time, or at least that's my understanding. You only need to use them once (there are some exceptions--if they say to use them x times a week, etc.). I think if you use them too much, your subconscious starts to give you the raspberries (aka bronx cheer). Just my experience, yours may vary.

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

It seems to me that your sadness was a result of you still opposing the inner action you decided you needed to take. It was a sign of inner conflict. The sadness meant that, you had to take action of some sort that you were not willing to at the time.

It's interesting to see that the Paraliminal was working and you still had to let go of something to see some results.

Alex

OP Offline

Thanks everyone for all your replys!!!

And you know what Alex I thought the same thing.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved