Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#61862 09/15/07 03:12 AM
Elison Offline OP
OP Offline

Do we write mind-probbing questions down?
How many mind-probing questions we should have during activation?A lot or a few?

Elison

Well, after I photoread, I post-view by going through the book and writing any questions I want to be answered. After I feel that is all I want to be answered, I let my information incubate for 30mins to a night. After that time period, I then enter basic state and probe my mind with the questions I wrote. Being curious about each of them, and expecting an answer at the same time. Remember to be playful. Have I successfully mind probed? Nope, but only because I am fairly new to the PR process. I am just stating what I have picked up, and integrating it into my own PR thing. After all, photoreading is meant to be 'flexible' to ones needs.

Also usually if mind probing doesn't come through, it was all for practice, and that is what I aim for when I mind probe. To get better eventually. At that point even if it works, I then move onto super reading and dipping+skittering to gather the information I desire. Remember also to mind map if your learning a complex skill like a computer language, school textbooks, ect. I usually photoread things that are simpler to my rank in photoreading.

-Cheers

Last edited by FreezePop; 09/15/07 04:10 AM.
Elison Offline OP
OP Offline

I am currently doing simpler books also.
Do you successfully extract the information you want?

To be quite honest, I was a bit bored one night and decided to use these techniques on my Language Arts homework following the needed PR steps and I found that I gained a better understanding rather than just reading through. Also which came to my suprise, for the first time I was actually having fun with homework without anything else interrupting, odd. I didn't make a mindmap but I also didn't have a quiz, making it pointless to make one. As for books, I have gone through numerous amounts of confusion throughout my learning experience with the whole mind system, and I am finally at this point getting my stuff together after re-listening to the entire thing again. I recommend listening again, as it brings back SO many things you overlooked after looking at the whole system in the end. It left me confused and I had to relisten.

May I also mention that with homework, super read+skittering is ideal. I have even tested this myself and it is very fast in a concentrated state.

Last edited by FreezePop; 09/16/07 03:00 AM.
Learning Strategies Admin

Write down one to 3 questions during your 12 minute postview. Also write down 15 to 20 trigger words during postview.

Alex

Is it o.k. if we write down about five to eight questions during postview?

I normally write out all the questions I have, which I origionally thought was correct. I don't think it matters honestly, this system is meant to be flexible. I usually have no more than about 15 questions I want answered. They serve as part of my purpose as well.

Three questions is enough if you're getting 5 to 8 and puling 20 trigger words you are probably spending too much time in postview.

Once you have about 3 questions. You've prepared for activation, So stop and check your purpose. How relevant are your questions to your purpose, did your purpose change during postview?

Alex

I guess there are different approaches to postviewing.

I agree with Alex that after you have a few questions it is a good idea to check if they are aligned with your purpose and if you even need to recheck your purpose. The key thing to my understanding is, though, that you continue postviewing as long as I get a general understanding of the structure and then start with my questions and activate section(s) that help most.

For me it might be - since I write down questions as I go - that the really juicy questions actually are not among the first few. And since the questions really build up the excitement and hunger, I tend to pull more. The extra time spent is really nothing compared to the gain.

Also, it is quite difficult to say an exact number of questions or trigger words to pull - it depends on the material, your needs and purpose.

Sakke

When you do the system fully the first four steps Prepare, Preview PhotoRead and Postview will take a total of 15 minutes for any book. Then you've hit a good time to take your break and allow mind probing.

Sakari, the problem the beginner faces is they too easily get pulled back into passive reading. That's why the limit of about 3 questions, trigger words and purpose. We don't want them spending more than 8 to 12 minutes in a postview . If they are struggling it means they need to come back out and check the purpose. Also by limiting the amount of time writing if they are still curious and want to know more by stopping before they are finished (sombunall) their mind will still be forming mind probing questions and leading them to spontaneous activation.

In the seminar we set the timer for them to help them get their reading done in the time they have available. Since the majority on the forum are self learning and often don't use a timer it's important to get them back on time another way and when you have 3 questions and about 15 trigger words, you've postviewed enough.

Once they become more experience and know what their purpose is activation flows there is no effort in forming questions so the question of how many questions should I write down doesn't come up. You just flow into the activation.

Alex

In other words once you're a proficient PhotoReader you just do it.

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved