Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Is anyone in the Sacramento (most preferred) and/or Bay Area out there who would like to form an SFQ Level I practice group? I live kind of in between the two areas. Sacramento area is easier for me, but I am willing to travel if there are those out there who would live to practice together (Berkeley is about 40 miles from where I live).

I know it helps with my motivation to have others to practice with regularly, perhaps others feel this as well?

You can send me a PM if you want and we can make it happen. It can be even as infrequently as once monthly if need be. Or more frequently, if it can work out.

Or maybe, there is already one that exists. That's cool too.

Either way.

Let me know

Thanks

blessings,

Steve
OP Offline

*bump*

blessings,

Steve
OP Offline

Maybe I was not clear in my first message:

I am looking for other people in Sacramento area or in the Bay Area in California to practice with. I am have been practicing SFQ since November 2005. I have also studied and practiced other Qigong systems, but I like SFQ best of all.

I recently stopped practicing with a local teacher in my town who taught me three other forms of qigong and certified me to teach one of them. I don't miss those forms, but I do miss having other people to practice with.

Even if it was only once a month or so, or even sporadically, I would like that extra motivational boost.

I am a member of the SFQ International Guild and Robert, the director of the guild, is also looking to play matchmaker with other guild members in this area and me.

But I figured maybe there were others here in the forum who might want to practice with others. I know it helps me. Maybe it helps you as well?

Even just practicing with one other person helps.

If you practice SFQ Level I (and maybe Level II. I have it and have skimmed the surface, but have not gotten deep into it yet) and would be willing to practice with someone else, please contact me. You can send me a PM.

Thank you

blessings,

Steve

Wish you were in Alabama. I would love to have a group here. :-) Good Luck with finding a group.

Hi Shakurav and Sarah,

I to attempted to f i nd someone in my area to practice with, through the forum and received no response. I even attempted to get a local college to host a level 1 and 2 class. There was no response. At present Spring Forest Qigong is spread pretty thin. I have found the weekly phone healing meditations are helpful. Have you tried them?

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Skipper,

So there was no response form the college?

Much Love, Shawn

OP Offline

Quote:

Aloha Skipper,

So there was no response form the college?

Much Love, Shawn

Quote:

Hi Shakurav and Sarah,

I to attempted to f i nd someone in my area to practice with, through the forum and received no response. I even attempted to get a local college to host a level 1 and 2 class. There was no response. At present Spring Forest Qigong is spread pretty thin. I have found the weekly phone healing meditations are helpful. Have you tried them?

Thank you Sarah for the postive wishes. And thanks to Skipper for the feedback and sharing your experience. I have done the phone healing sessions over a period of time and it does help and I may end up just paying for those again.

But the best is to have people in person to practice with for me.

The good news: Robert, support person for the SFQ guild is working on trying to find me a match around here. And I will be at Triple Fortune. Maybe there will be an opportunity to either make an announcement or have people from various regions meet for a few minutes to connect up and plan practice sessions and SFQ local support groups.

I feel strongly that good things are happening and it will all work out.

Meanwhile, had a great 1 and half hour practice this morning (one hour Active and half hour Small Universe) and planning to do a one hour Small Universe (or half hour Small Universe and half hour Butterfly Meditation) in about three hours.

Again, having done a number of different qigong practices throughout the last 25 years, I find SFQ the best for me!

blessings,

Steve

Hi Shawn,

I sent an E-Mail to a local community college about hosting a Spring Forest Qigong class. I received an initial response saying that my request was forwarded to the appropriate person and that I would be receiving a reply in a few days. The appropriate person was not identified and I never received the reply. I also got cold feet, because I wasn't sure that it would be possible to set up a class.

To Shakurav:

I'm sure it will work out for you. It sure sounds like you're going in the right direction.

OP Offline

Quote:

To Shakurav:

I'm sure it will work out for you. It sure sounds like you're going in the right direction.

Thank you, Skipper. I believe so. Persistence is key!

blessings,

Steve
OP Offline

Well, here's how the LOA works in terms of my trying to start an SFQ practice group here in the No Cal area:

A) I renewed my SFQ membership and tried to see if there was anyone in the Guild who might be willing to practice together. So far, three months of trying and nothing.

B) This thread here: three months and no response from any locals.

C) Attended Triple Fortune and was even given the microphone by Paul Scheele to make an announcement, exchanged contact info with some people, have started an e-mail support list, but so far nobody who wants to practice.

However, should one think that all of the effort above was for nothing...

THINK AGAIN!

You see, I am a rabbi for a very small Jewish congregation here in a very small town, in a very small county somewhat smack in the middle between the Bay Area and the Sacramento Area.

I am also a professional storyteller.

And my main gig is at churches, usually during their worship services where I do a storytelling sermon.

Two weeks ago, I did both the early and the late morning sermons at the local Episcopal Church, which also happens to be where my little congregation meets.

The sermon was entitled "HOLY SUPERHEROES: THE SPIRITUALITY OF COMIC BOOKS", based on a book by the same name by an Episcopalian writer, and seminarian Greg Garrett.

But my real agenda was to talk about qigong and healing!

And it was very well received!

And the Pastor, who is an ally of mine, both in my storytelling career, as well as in partnering to build a new church/synagogue for our two congregations has expressed interest in the past with me teaching Tai Chi and/or qigong there at the church. But I have not felt qualified to do either one.

And after my sermons, many people wanted the name of Chunyi Lin's book BORN A HEALER, which I referenced (and had with me! ).

So now, the Pastor contacted me and other people in her church to begin a healing group. And she is interested in having a an SFQ practice study group, which I will NOT teach, but will be glad to help facilitate. Everyone will have to get at least Level I (and I am pushing for them to get the Deluxe Course). Turns out one woman already has it!

So, I believe that sending the energy out there, looking for a practice group "close by" (either the Bay Area or the Sacramento Area would likely be an hour at least, but an hour I was more than willing to drive to practice with other SFQ practitioners), led to this new development:

People to practice with within a 10 mile radius! And just by doing my work!

Now that's the LOA in action, literally and figuratively. And if this does not illustrate it, I don't know what will! How cool is that?

blessings,

Steve

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved