Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi All,

I just received my paraliminal library and have questions about getting started. I am wondering how often I should listen to each CD--can I listen to more than one per day? how often should I listen to the same one (a few times per week? every day? only a few times and then revisit later?)? Can I listen to tracks A and B together or I should i do them at separate times? I have a specific question about the relationships CD. If I want to work on my relationship w/ more than one person, can I listen every day to the relationship one and just change the relationship i want to focus on?

thanks so much for any help you can provide!

Lisa

Learning Strategies Admin

The answer depends on which Paraliminal you start with. Some you may want to use every day or week, others maybe once or twice.

Always leave at least 20 minutes between listening sessions. This is for session A and B or for different Paraliminals and entrainment CDs. I don't think it is feasible to do more than three Paraliminals a day unless you're not working or home bound.

For the Relationship Paraliminal, you can do one a day or you can focus on one person until you are ready to do another.

Alex

Last edited by Alex K. Viefhaus; 09/17/07 06:12 PM.
OP Offline

Hi Alex,

thanks for your response! so it is okay to listen to a particular paraliminal every day? I just didn't want to overdo anything.

thanks!
lisa

Paraliminals like Personal Genius. Memory Supercharger Ideal Weight, Smoke Free and Prosperity you can listen to daily for a week after a week with any Paraliminal I start looking at giving them a rest. It's much easier to see something happening if you pull back to observe for a couple of days. You can always use them again for a week. I find I use them on an ad hoc basis. Prosperity for a day or two and then nothing for a while.

Alex

Hi,
Lynn here, I too am a Newbie. I am currently using the Centrepoint Holosync programme which requires me to take an Hour of my time each day for meditation (they are great by the way) however I too have received info on these 4 new paraliminals and thought that I would like to give them a go. Problem is time! With these CDs do you have to take yet more time out of your day to just sit or lay down to listen to these or can you listen to them while you are working? I am really keen on this concept however I surely can not be the only person that has a time deficit problem.

Quote:

Hi,
Lynn here, I too am a Newbie. I am currently using the Centrepoint Holosync programme which requires me to take an Hour of my time each day for meditation (they are great by the way) however I too have received info on these 4 new paraliminals and thought that I would like to give them a go. Problem is time! With these CDs do you have to take yet more time out of your day to just sit or lay down to listen to these or can you listen to them while you are working? I am really keen on this concept however I surely can not be the only person that has a time deficit problem.

I know what you mean! I used to do Holosync (and did get some benefit from it. I only went up to and through Level I, and now just use that sometimes), and I also did qigong. Where do I fit this into my day?

I now do SFQ for from 1-2 hours every day. For right now, I cannot schedule time for both Holosync and SFQ, so I chose to focus on SFQ.

In the last year, I had learned 3 (!) other forms of qigong and the teacher even certified me to teach one of them (Chinese Essence Qigong, a kind of standardized form, a bit like SFQ, but IMHO not as effective or easy to learn... at least for me!). I started a topic about this conflict I had and through writing about, talking about it with a therapist and my own meditation, I now have stopped practicing all those other forms, and I focus on SFQ.

Having said all that, as far as Paraliminals go, and as Alex and others have said in the forum before, unlike, Holosync, or any regular meditation, exercise or spiritual practice, all of which take a fixed time every day (or at least many days), Paraliminals are used more like first aid.

Even if one wanted/needed to use a particular Paraliminal, it would not have to be continuously. For example, if I wanted to boost my Self-Esteem, I could listen to Self-Esteem Super Charger a few times or maybe once a day, but only for a week or so and that is it. Maybe use it once or twice a month for booster shots.

Some of the Paraliminals, might take a periodic listen for a year or more, but unlike Holosync, one could maybe listen once a week.

Many Paraliminals only take about 20 minutes or so.

The 10 Minute Supercharger is just what it says, takes 10 minutes and I only use it when I need it: when I need to get a "shot" of energy in 10 minutes. It gives me a kind of rest, or refreshment (and is probably my favorite Paraliminal).

Many of the Paraliminals also have a sleep track that one can listen to while sleeping. I often like to listen at least once in the regular way all the way through, and then I use the "sleep track" on auto replay while I sleep.

Believe me, Paraliminals are a LOT easier to fit into your life than more demanding (in terms of time) practices such as Holosync or SFQ . You just use them as needed.

And Paraliminals have the added benefit of also having Holosync technology to enhance the effect (albeit, not the same intense effect that one gets from the actual Holosync CD's).

FWIW, and YMMV

blessings,

Steve

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved