Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#61962 09/19/07 04:04 AM
BARQ Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello
I learned ,if i want to read by speed reading tech. let your finger as a trace for you eye.
this good at low speed 1200 wpm , but when i want to increase to 4000 wpm i have problem because my finger move speedly ,and my eye can't cache it , shortly there are no compatible btw my eye and my finger

can you answer me

Learning Strategies Admin

PhotoReading isn't speed reading.

Speed reading doesn't work. The university of Minnesota recently put out research that shows that it's impossible to "read" more than 360 words a minute.

Nearly everyone who learns speed reading complains that comprehension is lost. I remember when I learned speed reading I was disappointed at the lack of comprehension and zero memory of what I read. As a result my natural reading speed went down.

Alex

Sorry Alex, but I'm going to have to disagree with you.

Speed Reading does work. It works on the same principles of how the eye can take in much information at a time and the brain can process a total of 50,000 words at a time. By moving your eyes faster, and taking in more words, you can comprehend more at a faster pace.

And it also works on the multi layer process of making multiple passes through the book.

Speed Reading worked very well for me, but I find Photoreading a lot better.

http://www.livescience.com/health/070320_crowded_vision.html

People always ask me to prove it scientifically.

PhotoReading is not speed reading and what you are describing is what people who have the natural PhotoReading skill do when they appear to be speed reading.

Alex

BARQ Offline OP
OP Offline

thank for all
I know that speed reading differ than PR, pardon me i can't find good forum to ask these que except here.

Mr Alex K. Viefhaus
I respect what you say, but there are many famous trainer in speed reading like: peter kump , buzzan say you can exceed more than 2000 wpm
then there are proofs, what you say?

I provided the link.

No one advertises being able to teach speed reading at greater than 800 WPM because in court it has already been determined that anything faster than 800WPM is not reading it's merely skimming. No course that teaches accelerated reading advertises the number of words per minute you will read at. The average reader can double and triple their reading speed since the average reading speed is 170 wpm

Alex

If you say speed reading is just skimming, well, thats not exactly true at all.

If you said that, then photoreading would be skimming too, because you dont take in all the words, if you were to do that, youd have 100% comprehension and recall of the book.

The link you provided said a bunch of stuff, but I personally didn't find all the proof there legitamate.

Speed Reading is not skimming, and there is no reason to bash it just because you have something better. It hasn't been proven ythat you can't READ at more than 800 words per minute, because I have read faster than that using speed reading techniques and have been able to score 100% on tests about the book.

It's not fake, but I do think Photoreading is better.

I didn't say Speed reading is just skimming it's what the courts ruled and What the Minnesota University study and other studies agrees with.

The PhotoReading step is not reading and it's not speed reading..

It has been proven that you cannot read faster than 800 WPM That's why speed reading courses no long market that they will teach you to read at XXXX WPM they are prohibited to do so. The 800 WMP figure was put out by the courts. I've worked out that the maximum possible speed of the conscious mind is 560 WPM that study puts it at even less than that. And it's not the first study it is the most recent one.

Alex

So Alex, if I right uderstood your thought, you think probably good speed readers only has the inner skill to use both brain emisphere as a photoreader? Or you talking about target and active reading'

I never said that photoreading was reading, or speed reading. I just said it was better.

But anyway, you're right. That is not the first study, and many more studies have proved that it works.

To say that someone can't "read" more than 800 words per minute is just wrong. Even this site has said many times that the mind can process tens of thousands of pieces of information at once. That would mean that reading, or "speed" reading, more words at once would keep more of your mind focused on the material you are reading and comprehend and recall it much better than conventionally reading it.

To Centauro-X:

No, speed readers don't use inner skill as much as a photoreader, and from what I've experienced, you don't link both hemispheres of the brain. That would definitely make photoreading a better way of getting information from a book.

Back to Alex:

You could easily run a list of words through your mind and literally vision in your mind thousands of words at a time. The conscious mind can definitely process way more than 560 words per minute. I mean, just try it. Close your eyes and envision a long list of words going through from top to bottom. The list can contain any words, and just sort of highlight each word as you pass it, to show that you are thinking of real words. You could very well see that your conscious mind can think more than you said it could.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Patrick O'Neil 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved