Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#62154 09/30/07 10:37 PM
scooter Offline OP
OP Offline

HI there,

I was wondering if someone asked you, What do you want?....

what would you tell them?

For me what I want besides money and financial security is...

to just live a life directed from inspiration and to go back to nature... Is that ok? haha...

Sometimes I just don't fit the mold of materiality. and that is because I just don't care! To me the simple life and path is where it is at...

know what I mean?
scooter.......~

Hi Scooter!
I know what you mean! I can't say that I do not want material things....because I do...BUT I do know that I value the simple things in life much more. Such as nature, and people, love, spirtituality. Then again, these things aren't so simple....Each one is actually quite deep in my oppinion. Anyway, I understand how you feel though. I see so many people around me getting caught up in societies temptations, like who has the best car, who has a huge house, who has the biggest salary, etc etc. SOmetimes I want to smack them all and be like "HELLO! Those things dont define you!" But, everyone will figure it out eventually. I think people( including myself at times), feel that if they have those things, then they will be happy because it will bring them the deeper things such as love.

I think its awesome that you realize what it is that you want in life, and its ok that you do not fit the mold. I'm still trying to figure out what I want in life....as far as career goes. I just want to be happy......and yea...lead a life where i am inspired, motivated, and make a difference in this world for the better. Jeeze lol.

Good luck to you and all your endeavors!

Liana

Liana #62156 10/04/07 08:54 PM

Unapologetic materialist here ... I won't turn down a nice house, a sports car, an audiovisual studio, my own music club. But I'm not into them for "status," or to keep up with the Jonses. They're tools for a great life. And no, they don't define me ... how I use the tools defines them, not the other way around.

That said, I totally respect your viewpoint if you think otherwise. Diversity is not only good, but necessary.

DaveD #62157 10/05/07 01:44 AM

Hi Dave!
I applaud you in being honest and bringing out a different oppinion. I completely agree with you, that material things do not define people. However, I'm saying some people live their lives with the idea that material things makes them who they are, and unfortunately, they dont get to exploring other things in life that hold more value like love, family, friends, people, nature, god..etc

Anyway I cant say I dont love material things... Hehe Im also guilty of indulging in nice cars, designer everything, etc etc etc n wouldnt give it up either But it definitely doesn't define me, or what i'm about. it's nice to see that there are people in this world that see beyond it, like everyone in this forum ! And yes, diversity is awesome....this world would definitely suck if it didnt exist. Hehe. Have a beautiful end of the week!

Blessings to you,
Liana

Liana #62158 10/05/07 04:49 AM

Thank you, Liana! That's what I want: more people like you and Scooter.

DaveD #62159 10/05/07 02:11 PM
scooter Offline OP
OP Offline

well, things are good, don't get me wrong. I mean if you want money, don't you want things? In a way????

I think it is the seeking out of things and never being satisfied that is the problem...

right?.............

yea

Liana #62161 10/08/07 09:54 PM

Profound question!
Requires profound soul searching before answering.

Groovy One,

I agree nature is how we breathe, eat, pretty much everything. And when the inside is beautiful, we see the reflection in our outside world. I dig the hippy lingo. :-)

~Vegan Forever~

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

I don't want. I expect.

Alex

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved