Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I was wondering what happens in the body when one practices qigong for longer sessions. Say 60 minutes as opposed to 15 minutes. What are the benefits?

My sessions last 40 minutes from start to finish. What would be expected to happen if I were to extend to 60 minutes?

Thanks.

JEFFREY

Without desire there is tranquility. And in this way all things would be at peace. -Lao Tzu
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha JefferyC

In a nut shell:

More opportunity for your system to balance, and become accustomed to being balanced in many different levels.

Much Love, Shawn

OP Offline

Thanks Shawn.

Jeff

Without desire there is tranquility. And in this way all things would be at peace. -Lao Tzu
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Sorry for the general answer, but that's a pretty wide open question and adding "expect" to it widens it even more.

Much Love, Shawn

OP Offline

Hi Shawn.

I was mostly curious to know about what happens in the body while practicing longer. I know there are those who do practice or meditate for 2 hour sessions. I wanted to see what types of changes could occur say 20 minute sessions vs an hour or more. Does the chi increase in the reservoirs? etc.

Thanks again.

JEFF

Wouldn't it be different for each person? One person might exeperience profound changes while another might not experience much at all.

Quote:

Wouldn't it be different for each person? One person might exeperience profound changes while another might not experience much at all.

I think that would be true, though there might be some general principles (such as "good, better, best") i.e. whatever good results one gets from a shorter time, say, 20 minutes, one would probably get a better result from 40 minutes, though and hour might be best).

I know for me personally, I get benefits no matter how long I practice. But when I do a longer set, usually from one and a half to 2 hours (with an hour of actice exercise and from a half hour to one hour of sitting meditation), I can actually feel the channels opening up. Parts of my body crackle and pop and I can feel releasing all over my body. I often burp or other releases of toxins if there are "gross" (as opposed to "subtle") blockages.

It is sometimes EXREMELEY diuretic, and I can't always wait a long time

I can still get some of this even in a 10-15 minute session. But these kind of release reactions are MUCH stronger if I get in at least an hour of active, plus some sitting (and again, there are times, I might do the full hour of active and only a few cycles around the Small Universe. I prefer a full half hour of Small Universe and even better--or best-- is when I can do the longer one hour of Small Universe).

So, here is at least one anecdotal piece of evidence that a) things go on in the body with longer practice and b) a little of what that might be.

Hope that helps.

blessings,

Steve
OP Offline

That was a lot of help Shakurav.

I knew that more time spent in active exercises or meditation would be better. I wanted to know what happens to the chi over longer periods.

Thanks again!

JEFF

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved