Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Hi:

I've been listening to Focus and Concentration for about two weeks now, and one benefit that I have gotten out of it is that I am really beginning to prioritize. I have in vain attempted at prioritization in the past, but those efforts went to waste because I just couldn't help but feel that everything I wanted to do was important. Therefore I have continued to scatter my energy on various projects and tasks, and getting nothing done. This has changed now.

Another benefit is that I am growing very conciously aware of how I have wasted time (not to say money) on activities that are totally unimportant, such as driving fourty minutes to another city to eat at my favorite restaraunt and another fourty minutes back, when those eighty minutes could have been better spent on something productive.

I have finally shrink my projects down to three, and my goal is to accomplish them by the end of this month, so that I can move onto new goals for the next month.

First goal (also the most important priority) is to pass Series 7, and 66 because I expect to get a new job sometimes next month, so that delaying the passing of these two license exams will mean I might have less time to study later. This is what will take the most of my time for the remainder of this month.

Second goal is to establish the habit of practicing Kendo at home besides the practice at the dojo as well as to do stamina increasing exercises that will help me improve my Kendo skill. I expect to spend about one hour or so on this daily.

Third is to finally begin taking care of administrative duties related to my house. There are bills that have to be paid, forms that needs to be signed in order to do some maintenance works, a huge stack of mails that need to be read and taken care of...and blah blah blah. I plan to do this at the same time that I relax in the eveninig and watch TV.

I want to be totally focused on these three projects for the rest of this month. My plan is to listen to Focus and Concentration daily with the goal of having the paraliminals direct my attention to these three activities so that I am constantly thinking about them and nothing else.

My concern is this. When I listen, should I aim to have the paraliminal direct my thoughts to these three activities in the same listening session? Or is it better to focus on one goal for each listening session? For example, today when I listen to F&C, I want to direct my attention to seres 7, and 66. When I listen tomorrow, I'll direct my attention to Kendo. Is this the correct way of doing it? My concern about doing this is that my might end up only having my mind think that I want to focus only on Series 7 and 66 today, and Kendo tomrorow, and administrative duties the day after. But th'ats not what I want. I want to do all three each day, with the first goal taking the msot of my time, the second goal taking one hour daily, and the last goal taking up the rest of the evening when I am relaxed.

How should I approach the use of F&C given what I am trying to accomplish? Should I use other paraliminals in conjunction?

I currently have F&C, Happy for No Reason, You Deserve It, Personal Genius, Memory Supercharger, Self Esteem Supercharger, Perfect Health, Law of Attraction, and New Options Generator.

Any help from experienced users of paraliminals or from LSC staff will be highly appreciated.

Chuckiecow, sweet handle! You may have the ability to remove the stress or scattering of energies of paying the bills out of your mind, on a daily while you do all three. However, just a thought, if you focused on paying the bills and other administrative tasks, so as to have them removed from the list, then much more of your relaxed and focused attention would be available for Kendo and Licenses. Even if you have a 20 hours worth of "admin" tasks, maybe break it down to 4 hours a day. I will go into this further in a minute.

You have a treasure chest of paraliminals, where to begin. Every 20 minutes of a para while taking a break between tasks will magnify your results and well being astronomically.

I go with how I feel, so in keeping to this model I recommend waking to which ever paraliminal puts a smile on your face, and benefits your current state of mind the most. Pardon the long windedness but here's a few suggestions that have helped me...

Happy For No Reason &/or Self Esteem Supercharger when you feel that unexplainable lack of drive, energy, happiness, or need motivation. You Deserve It when you lose sight of the goal or feel frustrated with your journey to complete these objectives-focusing on why and what it is you deserve. Personal genius(one of my all time favorites)before studying or when you need to remember that your mind truly has no boundaries i.e./creativity-memory-concepts-etc. And that leads to another favorite, memory supercharger; before or during study to really embed this initial construction of information correctly for reconstruction at test time or any other time you want accurate recollection. Perfect Health if your body energy is low like slipping on your meal plan or want to align your physical and mental feeling of...well...Perfect Health. NOG, this is a good one for releasing a definitive feeling of being trapped or frustrated, let go of the negative feeling and replace with the feeling or option you are seeking. Law Of Attraction, another goal oriented or even person focused para, I like to use Jesus or Buddha to focus on for the mental/ spiritual & emotional, maybe you could focus on a great kendo master you respect. Martial artists, good ones anyway, seem to bridge the physical, emotional, and mental/spiritual gaps very well.

To really address your concern, I recall a piece from Brian Tracy called Time Management. Two of the affirmations I absolutely love are, “I concentrate easily on my highest payoff tasks,” and “I am excellent at time management.” Maybe let the first affirmation resonate with you to see what makes the most sense. Personally, I would get the administrative funk out of the way ASAP, while using paraliminals every hour or as often as you are able to boost motivation and productivity. I use SF Qigong, quite a bit different than Kendo, however maybe use your martial arts as more of a release/meditative exercise while completing the admin and then studying for the licenses. Then when the admin and licenses are completed turn a little more focus and energy toward breaking new ground with your Kendo practice. In a nutshell I recommend you use the F&C for your highest payoff task first, for me admin, then licenses, and then enjoy the newly found focus with your Kendo practice.

I LOVE PARALIMINALS , they have absolutely transformed my life. : -)

Hopefully you are able to receive some benefit from all this, best wishes to you Chuckiecow.

~Kale-y Mustard Seed~ a.k.a. ~Vegan Forever~

OP Offline

Hi Chrys:

Thank you for your response. I am especially grateful for your reminding me to put my energy where it will have the highest payoff. This will be the central guiding principle I am going to use from now on in planning how I will spend my time and what para CD to listen to. In fact, for October, I have narrowed down my para CD down to:

Focus and Concentration
Get Around to It
Peak Performance
Personal Genius
Memory Supercharger

I feel that listening to these five CDs consistently will give me the greatest pay off in terms of achieving my three goals I have described in the original post.

Focus and Concentration will keep me focused on the three goals. But they probably won't actually make me work on them. They just keep me thinking about them. At least that's my experience with it so far.

Get Around to it and Peak Performance will actually fire me up to actually work on the goals, but I still need Focus and Concentration to prevent myself from scattering my energies.

Personal Genius and Memory Supercharger is like an productivity boost thing. Once I have figured out what I want to do with F&C, and get the stamina to get my butt moving and actually do it, Personal Genius and Memory Supercharger can help me accomplish what I want much faster.

I do have a question about the use of the Personal Genius CD. In my currently revised plan, I plan to listen to Personal Genius quite a few times a day but for different reasons. For example, after I wake up in the morning, I want to listen to it once before I start to study for my license. When I begin practicing Kendo at night, I want to listen to it again before the practice. Then before sleep, I like to listen to it again for no specific reason other than to improve my general mental performance.

Is it okay to listen to the same para CD several times a day, especially when I am using them for different purposes? And also, can I do the same with Get Around to It and Peak Performance?

Chuckiecow,

To answer the 2 questions at the end of your post, from my experience and with your quick response intellect, yes and yes. Go with how you feel, I know my brain can handle it, in fact I thrive on it Johnny 5 style. If that is how you see yourself, let it fly. The brain really only knows the limitations we put on it, yes safety matters, and thankfully this is the safest learning I have ever been involved in.

I have used the same paraliminal on the same day for different reasons and got awesome results. I just made sure that my focus for each session was clear in my mind, and sounds like you are on top of that already. Also to mix it up and/or to prevent burnout on listening to the same Para, I personally would add the memory supercharger especially for the license studying. I feel that the Personal Genius Para even without a specific focus, as you mentioned doing before bed, is tremendous for opening up many facets of the mind and life, and is all around a sweet choice.

As an example: I have listened to 8 paraliminals in a day before, I just respected the 20 minute break recommended by Paul. Seems that for optimal uptake, processing, and storage, the brain prefers (and may really need) about the same amount or more of rest time as paraliminal learning time. This is going on my understanding of Paul’s recommended break time and personal experience listening to 8 in a day, while avoiding burnout. Actually, the results keep me from ever getting burned out (meaning not wanting to listen to another paraliminal). This multi-faceted approach may not be recommended for everyone, however you seem to be quick on the draw and increasingly focused, and with clarity of purpose comes results.

Mix and match, same reason or different, you are on the doorstep of achieving the goals set before you, as the plan looks to be on the verge of completion. Moving on your plan in a relaxed, confident manner will enhance this process tremendously.

All the Best!

~Kale-y Mustard Seed~

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

chuckiecow

I don't recommend listening that often unless you have experience in meditation of more than a year. The sudden emphasis of Alpha and theta brainwave entrainment can cause problems for those new to meditation.

I suggest using the sleep learning track. Maybe even while you are studying. You will need to see if this works for you, as I find it can be quite helpful to listen to the Focus Concentration Paraliminal, while I am working at the computer. So you might have the same benefit using Personal Genius while studying.

Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved