Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#62481 10/20/07 11:18 PM
wrp Offline OP
OP Offline

Finding myself in a full blown depression with my ego-mind firmly clinging to pain and feelings of intense dissatisfaction with just about everything in my life. Am using the Self-Esteem Supercharger but am noticing no results. Have had the Ultimate Library for a while and have been using several other paraliminals for a variety of reasons, but situations have only gotten more intense and untenable. Have been attempting to wade through the Diamond Feng Shui course, have implemented a number of things, but seem to have kind of gotten stuck there too.
Any suggestion anyone?
Love, Robert

wrp #62482 10/21/07 02:51 AM

Sorry to hear you are so bummed, wrp... I've been feeling a little swiped myself lately. Then tonight it came to me that I need to sit down and collect myself... by.... Journaling! Have you ever tried it? I think it is going to help with the feeling of being disconnected. Anyhow, maybe that will help you also.

Also you might want to take some St. John's Wort if you are not opposed to that sort of thing. It does help uplift you and you can stop it for awhile when you think you are feeling more stable. Or stop it altogether...

Then there are all the people who are saying Qigong is the answer! I would try that one if I had the money. Maybe that would be helpful for you...

Anyhow, I guess others would say for you to take a short break and try again...

How are you doing today?

scooter~*

scooter #62483 10/21/07 05:29 AM

I was very depressed, to the point of much thinking about suicide over a considerable length of time, when I first ordered the para library - as a hopeful means of overcoming the depression without meds.

For me it has worked very well. I started listening to the paras about three weeks ago. They had an immediate affect and I feel very good now and I am getting a lot accomplished. The feelings of being overwhelmed have been replaced by feelings of accomplishment.

Maybe it is the method I have employed in using the paras that has been so helpful. I listen to 3 or 4 a day, and I always use the sleep track when I go to bed. At bedtime I usually start at the beginning of a para and then when the sleep track is coming to it's end I hit the repeat track button on my CD player and it goes on until I wake to turn it off, per the booklet, usually about an hour I would guess.

Perhaps because I was soooo down, nearing bottom, if not there, I really took the idea of the paras seriously. Maybe it is the intensity with which I use them that has helped me so much. I will say though, that the effect was almost immediate. I received the paras on a Friday, and I spent the weekend listening to 5 or 6 a day, maybe more, and doing the sleep tracks at night. I have kept up as mentioned above.

I don't necessarily think which paras you listen to matter that much. Just pick ones you think might help in areas you need help. That's what I did. I don't even think I listened to the Self Esteem para that first weekend, although I have regularly since then.

Hope this helps. I am sending a Spirit Hug your way.

GentleGiant #62484 10/23/07 07:27 AM

Robert,

From a guy whose past life looks like a long drawn out horror story to some, I may be able to help you. The experience you’re having is normal, if you were wondering. You may have had a long period of trauma and stress in your life, followed by reinforcing negative thoughts and talk. Whether conscious or buried in your unconscious mind, the old programming is being flushed/replaced by the paraliminals. While this is happening you may at times feel frustrated, angry, depressed, etc. This is because your brain wants to hang on to what it knows while you are telling it to say goodbye to the unhappy, but very familiar programming. As you listen more, the new neural pathways will create a more pleasant environment for you in your head, which technically is your world. Use positive speech and affirmations whenever possible to increase the effectiveness of your efforts. I know it’s easier said than done, but it is extremely helpful to your cause.

When you feel down, I suggest doing some physical activity, like going to the gym, running, rollerblading, etc. Moving your body is a great way to burn off the edge, wake the body up from depression, and let your mind rest while your body is adjusting. Also, getting some fresh air will do wonders for depression. And the clinging you are feeling will subside as your focus on the end results becomes more clear. Trust me it does get better, and remember to give yourself praise in the mirror when you have even the smallest victory.

Try repeating track #3 on “Deep Relaxation” to help you settle your mind. This may take 2 or 3 times to relax, but it will give you a break from the stress of depression.

Perseverance. . .the mark of one’s true desire for happiness.

With Love,

~Chad

Chrysanthemon #62485 10/24/07 05:09 AM
wrp Offline OP
OP Offline

Scooter, GentleGiant and Chad,

Thank you! I really appreciate all your honest and encouraging words of wisdom. Much of which you said was right on. I haven't done any exercise since we moved to this new city almost 4 months ago at whih time I also gave up my olympic size trampoline (used to jump every day). I work from home so have felt quite isolated, not having friends here yet. And so much disfunctional stuff is rising to the surface through my Holosync meditation practice that I feel totally overwhelmed at times.
I need to be very careful to not take it out on my wife and kids. But since my original post I have made some headway. With all the rotten thoughts/feelings/beliefs/behavior coming to the surface it is becoming so obvious now that I just can't go on like this and I have the opportunity to choose what is resourceful and what is not.
I have been having some good talks with my wife about this too and that has helped as well.
In terms of Paraliminals I am now going to use the Instantaneous Personal Magnetizer to attract friendships in these new surroundings. And I'll use the Deep Relaxation again as it may help with anger.
Thanks for reminding me about the importance of exercise. Maybe I'll do some Qigong again, I used to do that and I still have a DVD of it. Mine is not the Spring Forest one, but I believe it is good nonetheless.
I do have a couple of Journals lying around, so this might be a good time to start writing.

Thanks again for the encouragement guys! I do appreciate it.

Robert

wrp #62486 10/24/07 05:30 PM

Quote:

Thanks for reminding me about the importance of exercise. Maybe I'll do some Qigong again, I used to do that and I still have a DVD of it. Mine is not the Spring Forest one, but I believe it is good nonetheless.
I do have a couple of Journals lying around, so this might be a good time to start writing.

Thanks again for the encouragement guys! I do appreciate it.

Robert

Robert,

It is good for all of us to read about your successes and thanks for sharing it with us. Keep up the good work.

And as far as Qigong goes, what I learned from a physical trainer while I was in the Air Force, applies to qigong, she asked us "what is the best exercise?" We just kind of looked at each other. Like, "Idunno!"

She said, "The best exercise is the one that you will actually do regularly, whatever that is!"

And all of my qigong teachers have echoed that idea: The best form of the qigong is the one that you will do. For me that is SFQ, after trying many. But it is different for different people.

You have a DVD, you already have done it some? Than it is certainly good and might even be "the best"... because it is the one that you will do.

Much continued success. I look forward to your sharing more of that with us as it unfolds.

blessings,

Steve

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved