Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#62501 10/21/07 08:15 PM
Skipper Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello everyone,

Master Lin has made several references to sound healing. I notice at the beginning and end of the six word chant CD there is a tone. Does anyone know if that tone comes from a "singing" bowl and have singing bowls been used at any of the retreats? I recently became aware of the work of oncologist Mitchell Gaynor who uses sound healing, including toning, chants and singing bowls to supplement the treatments his patients receive. It appears that he has had great success. I have been thinking of using bowls as an aid for meditation, but am not sure if it would be appropriate for use in the practice of Spring Forest Qigong. Thank you for any input.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Skipper,

We used "crystal bowls" set for each of the chakras at the Learning Strategies retreat a year back, in conjunction with a auditorium-sized labyrinth one night. Very nice.

Paul MC's last week's 6-day Spring Forest retreat here in Minneapolis, and started the day with an invocation.setting intention with the use of one of two toned crystal bowls.

The Ohms & Mauh's in the Small Universe and the sounds you make when doing the six-word chant (as found in his "Born A Healer" book and "Your Healing Power" DVD), are resonating with different organs and systems for healing as well.

Much Love, Shawn

Skipper Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks Shawn

I was a little hesitant to use the 6 word chant (and CD) because it is on the SFQ site as a level 3 item. However Spring Forest Support tells me that they play the CD 24-7 at the office. I've just started playing the CD during the active exercise. I can feel that my channels are open more after a session, but it doesn't seem to last. I think in time it will become more permanent.

The singing bowls I have priced are out of my reach for the time being at least. I have had success with tuning forks though.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved